Mads Mikkelsen will star in an adaptation of Polar: Came With The Cold, the Dark Horse graphic novel by Victor Santos, according to a press release from the publisher. Jonas Åkerlund is directing the film, from a screenplay by Jayson Rothwell.
“Mads Mikkelsen was born to play the world’s best assassin,” said producer and person whose name suggests he might be a supervillain, Jeremy Bolt. “He is totally believable as the black kaiser in Polar and Jonas’ unique, vibrant but grounded and darkly comic style will set Polar apart as an unforgettable tale.”
The world’s top assassin Duncan Vizla, A.K.A the Black Kaiser (Mikkelsen), is retiring when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm. Against his will, he soon finds himself back in the game, being hunted by an army of younger, faster, ruthless killers who will stop at nothing to have him silenced. Having no choice but to return to the shadowy life he thought he’d left behind, he must use his arsenal of deadly skills to outsmart his enemies, protect an innocent woman and redeem what’s left of his tormented soul.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wins Halloween With Seven Inspired Costume
- X-Men: Bland Design – All Good Things Must End, Like Generation X #87 - February 22, 2018
- Over the Garden Wall Returns with New OGN from Jonathan Case and Jim Campbell - February 22, 2018
- IDW’s Ted Adams Joins CBLDF Board of Directors - February 22, 2018
- One Final Mission for All-New Wolverine in May? - February 22, 2018
- Annie Wu Announces Dead Guy Fan Club at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018