Stranger Things was the surprise hit last season and fans are eagerly awaiting the second season that kicks off in less than an hour. One of the big things that makes the show so loved by the fans is the nostalgia. It’s almost a love letter to the 80’s. But, while the new season continues its nostalgic ways, it will be riffing on more than just the 80’s culture.
According to EW.com, if you watch carefully you’ll find nods to the the Exorcist (70’s), Jurassic Park (90’s) and current films like Cabin In The Woods.
Stranger Things stars Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Millie Bobbi Brown, and adds Sean Astin and Paul Reiser this season. It also stars Rob Morgan as Officer Powell, he’s the unofficial Netflix good luck charm who has also starred in Marvel’s Daredevil, Marvels Luke Cage, Marvel’s The Defenders all as Turk Barrett. Word is he will also be in Marvel’s Punisher.
- Demogorgon Fan? Stranger Things Fan? Check Out This McFarlane Figure!
- Stranger Things Season 2 Review- A Rare Sequel That Lives Up To The Hype
- Black Panther Gets A Wave Of Magnificent Marvel Legends Figures
- BoxLunch Heads To Hawkins With Exclusive Stranger Things Merchandise
- Stranger Things Wave 3 Funko Pops Are Incredible
- Book Review: A Murder of Manatees, the Return of Tom Stranger - January 23, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at the Dynamite Trades Shipping in April 2018 - January 23, 2018
- Exclusive Extended Previews for Agent 47: Birth of the Hitman #3 and Bettie Page #7 - January 23, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at Dynamite’s Media Tie-In Titles Shipping in April 2018 - January 23, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Ralph Dibny Versus the Eco-Friendly, Carb-Counting Bomber - January 23, 2018