Brendan Greene (aka PlayerUnknown) may have some ideas about the story and possible single player modes for Battlegrounds, but there are no plans to make them into a reality.
Speaking to Gamespot, the creator of the viral battle royale game explained that, earlier in development, he came up with some backstory to why one hundred people would be air-dropped onto an island that makes big electric bubbles. Which, would have to be one hell of a leap of faith in terms of suspension of disbelief, if we’re being honest.
“Because of the lore of the island,” he explained, “there was an idea that I had for what I thought would be a pretty cool single-player [mode], and even co-op single-player campaign.” However, that’s probably all we’re getting from PUBG.
“We have no resources. We have no time. We have no plans to add anything like this to the game. No, no single-player is coming to Battlegrounds.”
The best Greene will offer right now is that a campaign could come “some day.”
So while we may get it in the future, there is no immediate plan for a single player campaign mode at this time. The team mostly seems dedicated to getting PC and Xbox One crossplay working.
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Brag About Their Own 20 Million
- Cheaters Beware: PUBG Is Now Actively Hunting You Down
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Confirmed For Xbox One In December
- Xbox One Gifted Games Last A Bit Longer Than You Think
- UK Fans May See A Shortage Of Xbox One X Systems
- Climbing & Vaulting Abilities Are On The Way For 'PUBG'
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018