Oh look, it must be MCM London Comic Con this week…
Is this what happens when a major international comic convention organiser acquires another major international comic convention organiser? Bleeding Cool scooped the news that Reed POP had acquired MCM Comic Con last week, and it went official this week. And whether you can ascribe changes to MCM or Reed, I have no idea. But for the first time I can remember, the Comic Village is the first thing you see when you go through the entrance, with Gary Erskine’s smiley happy face.
And if I didn’t know that Reed had acquired MCM, I might have thought Marvel Studios had done the deal, given their dominant presence in both their booths and the vendors around them. DC Entertainment should consider evening the scales for 2018…
But yes, we begin where we always begin. With one side of the show to the other. Shaky, jiggly and rushed it is, but that’s the tradition and you wouldn’t want to part with tradition, would you?
- The Return to the Underwear-Outside-Trousers Explained in Batman #53 (SPOILERS) - August 15, 2018
- Batman: Damned Preview by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo – John Constantine Prefers Batman to Superman - August 15, 2018
- Aspen Relaunches No World in November 2018 Solicits - August 14, 2018
- Zenescope Launches Comics Festival for Its Biggest Fans – or at Least Those with $99 Memberships - August 14, 2018
- Marvel Comics Put the Fantastic Four #1 Spoiler on the Second Printing Front Cover - August 14, 2018