Oh look, it must by MCM London Comic Con this week…
Is this what happens when a major international comic convention organiser acquires another major international comic convention organiser? Bleeding Cool scooped the news that Reed POP had acquired MCM Comic Con last week, and it went official this week. And whether you can ascribe changes to MCM or Reed, I have no idea. But for the first time I can remember, the Comic Village is the first thing you see when you go through the entrance, with Gary Erskine’s smiley happy face.
And if I didn’t know that Reed had acquired MCM, I might have thought Marvel Studios had done the deal, given their dominant presence in both their booths and the vendors around them. DC Entertainment should consider evening the scales for 2018…
But yes, we begin where we always begin. With one side of the show to the other. Shaky, jiggly and rushed it is, but that’s the tradition and you wouldn’t want to part with tradition, would you?
- June 13th is Dalrymple Day – When Image Comics Publishes Both ‘Proxima Centauri’ AND ‘It Will All Hurt’ - March 19, 2018
- Sonic #1 Goes On Sale at Wondercon Two Weeks Ahead of Comic Shops - March 19, 2018
- Diamond Comics Split Billing for Free Comic Book Day Two Weeks Apart - March 19, 2018
- What Historic Power Rangers Moment Will Play Out at Wondercon Next Weekend? - March 19, 2018
- Watch the Superman: 80 Years of Truth, Justice and Hope Panel in Full at #SXSW - March 19, 2018