Oh look, it must be MCM London Comic Con this week…
Is this what happens when a major international comic convention organiser acquires another major international comic convention organiser? Bleeding Cool scooped the news that Reed POP had acquired MCM Comic Con last week, and it went official this week. And whether you can ascribe changes to MCM or Reed, I have no idea. But for the first time I can remember, the Comic Village is the first thing you see when you go through the entrance, with Gary Erskine’s smiley happy face.
And if I didn’t know that Reed had acquired MCM, I might have thought Marvel Studios had done the deal, given their dominant presence in both their booths and the vendors around them. DC Entertainment should consider evening the scales for 2018…
But yes, we begin where we always begin. With one side of the show to the other. Shaky, jiggly and rushed it is, but that’s the tradition and you wouldn’t want to part with tradition, would you?
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018
- Dial H For Hero Launches from DC Comics in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- Green Arrow #50 to Tie In With No Justice and Heroes In Crisis - December 18, 2018
- Jorge Jimenez Plotting Justice League Event: The Sixth Dimension With Scott Snyder - December 18, 2018
- Batman: Grim Knight Special from Jock, Scott Snyder and James Tynion in March From DC Comics - December 18, 2018