Robert Kirkman‘s six-part examination of the stories, people and events that transformed the comic book industry as an early holiday present just released its first teaser trailer. AMC Visionaries: Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics premieres on AMC as a two-night television event starting on Sunday, November 12, at 11:00 pm ET, followed by a second episode in its regular time slot, Monday, November 13 at 10:00 pm ET.
You can view the teaser for yourself here:
Secret History consists of six one-hour episodes, with each episode focusing on either a little-known topic or a closer look at a widely known subject. The first season features interviews with pop culture icons such as Stan Lee, Patty Jenkins, Lynda Carter, Kevin Smith, Famke Janssen, J.K. Simmons, Michelle Rodriguez, and Todd McFarlane.
Here’s a rundown on what we’ll see this season:
● “The Trials of Superman” looks at the legal battles over the rights to the iconic character.
● “Misfits Who Made Marvel” looks at the early days of creating what would become Marvel Comics.
● “Image Comics: A Declaration of Independence” examines how the company changed artists’ rights.
● “City of Heroes” details how the comic book industry responded to the tragedies of 9/11.
● “Color of Comics” discusses the influence and impact Milestone had (and still has) on comic book diversity.
● “Wonder Woman” traces the character’s story, from her early origins to her recent box-office success.
For Kirkman, the series represents a unique opportunity to share his passion for comics with a large audience:
“My love for the world of comics knows no bounds. It’s a universe of amazing stories that has been driving pop culture as a whole for decades. Being able to explore the nooks and crannies of this world has allowed me to find out secrets even I didn’t know. It’s been a pleasure putting this series together and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be able to finally share it with the world.”
AMC Visionaries: Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics is executive produced by Kirkman and David Alpert (The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead), Bryan and Sean Furst (Daybreakers, Dice), Daniel Junge (Saving Face, Being Evel) and Rory Karpf (The Book of Manning, Dale).