Those of you who are pissed off about the frequent and rampant cheating that’s taken over PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds the past few weeks, Bluehole is looking to cure that in one giant update. PUBG will go offline tomorrow for a mandatory maintenance across the board in every country at 7 p.m. PDT and is scheduled to go several hours until a new anti-cheating system has been put into place.
The big catalyst for this is that two weeks ago, BattlEye (PUBG’s anti-cheat system) banned over 322k players in October. That’s on top of the over 150k that were banned back in September who are using auto-aim software and other cheats that allow players to basically become killing machines who can’t be touched. This week the system confirmed it banned 25k players within a 24-hour period, as seen by the tweet below.
We have banned nearly 25K PUBG cheaters within the last 24 hours. And no, we don’t like such numbers at all.
— BattlEye (@TheBattlEye) October 22, 2017
In short, Bluehole had to do something to quell the situation, and it appears they’re going to take the game offline and keep it offline until the new update has been put in place and they’re confident it’s running. What exactly will the update and maintenance do? No one is really sure, so we’ll keep an eye on this and update you when the game returns tomorrow.
- Cheaters Beware: PUBG Is Now Actively Hunting You Down
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Confirmed For Xbox One In December
- Climbing & Vaulting Abilities Are On The Way For 'PUBG'
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Latest Patch Changes Item Spawn Rates
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Has Hit 2 Million Players On Steam
- Fornite Broke Out The Ban Hammer On Thousands Of Players Today
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Is Likely Headed To The PS4
- Bluehole Forms PUBG Corp., To Focus Squarely On 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
- EA Games Suspends Purchases In ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ - November 16, 2017
- Picking Your Favorite Spartan With Jinx’s Halo Figures - November 16, 2017
- Stay As Warm As Master Chief: We Review Jinx’s Line Of Halo Jackets - November 16, 2017
- Trying To Survive? WWE Booked Survivor Series Like A Fire Sale - November 15, 2017
- ‘Fighting EX Layer’ Gets A Name And An Open Beta Date - November 15, 2017