The month of October means one thing for cosplay boys and ghouls everywhere, HALLOWEEN! For many who engage in the hobby/art form/lifestyle, Halloween is the perfect time to revisit favorite costumes and characters.
Cosplayer and California native Tallest Silver was kind enough to stop by last fall for a quick photoshoot with me of her take on a character from Tim Burton‘s Nightmare Before Christmas. You may recognize the character of Sally, the undead ragdoll prophet who was voiced in the Disney film by Catherine O’Hara.
Silver said she first cosplayed Sally in 2003 for the 10th anniversary of Nightmare as a Halloween costume, and that it was the first cosplay she ever made by herself. The character and film have remained favorites of hers, and when the Samhain spirit hit, she jumped at the chance to bring this new version to life. Or… afterlife?
Scroll down to see the gallery we did together!
Silver said of the Sally cosplay process:
“This version of Sally because I found hilarious “I’m here for the Boos” panties and immediately thought of Sally and pinup!
Halloween is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing if you don’t do macabre that much, and a fun way to experiment. A curse because people have high expectations or want to borrow your costumes. I’m not going to a Halloween party that’s difficult to wash!”
Thanks again to my lovely model; it was a pleasure to capture this cosplay in time for our favorite costumed holiday! Make sure to follow Tallest Silver on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for updates and more photoshoots.
What are you wearing for Halloween?
- Black Panther Gets A Wave Of Magnificent Marvel Legends Figures
- My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Series Coming To YouTube, Plus A New Toy Line!
- Ghostbusters As A Netflix Series? According to Dan Aykroyd, It Could Work
- Stranger Things Also Gets An Chat Show Hosted By Jim Rash
- First Trailer For "Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built" Is Here
- Disney Adds New Haunted Mansion Dress To The Dress Shop!
- Epic Sunday Cosplay At New York Comic Con
- HBO SVP of Drama Spills on Game of Thrones’ Final Season - March 18, 2018
- Barbra Streisand Says Lady Gaga in ‘A Star Is Born’ is “Very, Very, Good” - March 17, 2018
- Here’s The Thing About ‘Ready Player One’ Haters- They’re Wrong - March 16, 2018
- Listen to Alan Silvestri’s Ready Player One Main Theme - March 15, 2018
- Check Out This Amazing NYC Game of Thrones Cosplay Shoot! - March 15, 2018