In an effort to make sure everyone is included at the Disney Parks, Disney Research has come up with a new way for visually impaired guests to experience their fireworks show!
The experience will use multiple water jets, so guests can experience the show via touch. There is actually endless potential with this technology. According to the Disney Research website:
“We present Feeling Fireworks, a tactile firework show. Feeling Fireworks is aimed at making fireworks more inclusive for blind and visually impaired users, in a novel experience that can be shared by all. Tactile effects are created using directable water jets that spray onto the rear of a flexible screen, with different nozzles for different firework effects. Our approach is low-cost and scales well, and allows for dynamic tactile effects to be rendered with high spatial resolution. “
This is a wonderful move on Disney’s part, proving that the magic is indeed for everyone.
- New Holiday Dress Makes Its Way To Disney’s Dress Shop On Black Friday - November 16, 2017
- Riverdale Season 2, Episode 6 Review: Chapter 19 – Deathproof - November 16, 2017
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming To Disneyland’s Downtown Disney In 2018 - November 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Tommy Wiseau’s Beautiful Train Wreck ‘The Room’ - November 15, 2017
- New Events And More Coming To Hong Kong Disneyland In 2018! - November 15, 2017