We talk to Grady Hendrix about her new book, a non-fiction chronicle of the boom in horror paperback publishing in the ’70s and ’80s that followed in the wake of Rosemary’s Baby, The Exorcist, and Thomas Tryon’s The Other. It’s called Paperbacks from Hell.
Listen on YouTube:
Castle of Horror Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, writer of IDW’s Ben 10 series and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio of Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle of Horror: On Friday the 13th Part IV’s Anniversary, We Ask: Was Roger Ebert Right That Slasher Films Are Immoral? - April 16, 2018
- Castle of Horror: Frenzy is a Daring, Grisly Thriller from the Master of Suspense, but Should It Be Watched Today? - April 9, 2018
- Castle of Horror: Attack of the Mushroom People is Gilligan’s Island with Deadly Shrooms - March 26, 2018
- Castle Talk: Jamey Bradbury Writes a New Kind of Bloodthirsty Teen in ‘The Wild Inside’ - March 22, 2018
- Castle of Horror: The Shape of Water’s Vision of the Mid-century is Daringly Different from Black Lagoon - March 19, 2018