You know me. There’s nothing I like more of a night that noodling around trademark registrations on American government websites.
Such as discovering the trademark registration for “Starboy” for comic books by one Eymun Talasazan.
Recently, Starboy was announced as the name of a new Marvel comic by Abel Tesfaye, who goes by the name of The Weeknd tied into his Starboy persona from the album of the same name from earlier this year.
Googling for “Eyman Talasazan” brings up a few other trademark applications for TV shows trademarks such as “Straighta Outta Bompton”. His address is listed in Beverley Hills.
But it also brings up this story from the LA Times.
When Stan Lee was selling his Hollywood Hills home in 2015, Eymun Talasazan of Keller Williams Realty was reported as the listing agent. There are other references to him as a Beverley Hills realtor or agent.
Could he, somehow, be getting into comic books? And going up against The Weeknd?
And yes, while DC Comics did indeed publish Starboy as a character and member of the Legion Of Super-Heroes, they never applied for a trademark for the name. They don’t even have one for Starman which they published as a series…
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018