Officials backstage at WWE are secretly hoping Kurt Angle puts on an average performance tonight at WWE Tables, Ladders, and Chairs at the Target Center in Minneapolis tonight.
The report comes via Dave Meltzer‘s Wrestling Observer Radio show, where Big Dave reports that officials are worried that Angle will get carried away and try to deliver a memorable performance at the event, causing him to take risks in dangerous spots that could cause permanent injury or even end the career of the pro wrestling legend.
Angle hasn’t wrestled in WWE in over 11 years, and his last match took place back in March against Cody Rhodes, before he returned to WWE. Wear and tear has taken its toll on Angle’s body over the years, but Angle is used to giving 110% in every performance — a figure WWE officials probably feel is roughly 40-45% higher than necessary for a B-list PPV with no buildup.
Angle is replacing WWE’s top heel Roman Reigns in a 3 vs. 5 tag match, teaming with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose against The Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro, Braun Strowman, and Libertarian Mayoral Candidate Kane, the veteran wrestler’s latest persona. Reigns was taken out of action by Mumpmania, which is currently running wild through WWE’s locker room.
Bray Wyatt is also out of action due to The Mumps, resulting in another preferable matchup as AJ Styles takes his place against Finn Balor. The illness has also taken out Bo Dallas, but nobody backstage has noticed so far.
WWE TLC takes place at 8 p.m. on the WWE Network and through PPV providers tonight. Tune in to see if Kurt Angle delivers the sub-par to adequate performance WWE promises.
- Black Mask to Publish Mr. Robot Prequel Comic by Creator Sam Esmail - July 16, 2018
- Countdown to Danger: Netflix’s Lost in Space Gets a Comic Book Spinoff by Richard Dinnick, Brian Buccellato, and Zid - July 16, 2018
- Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Collected in 4 Volumes, with 2 Chances to Double Dip - July 16, 2018
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossovers from DC in October, Including Yogi Bear, Magilla Gorilla, More - July 16, 2018
- Frank Tieri and Mauricet Launch an Old Lady Harley Mini at DC in October - July 16, 2018