The official Doctor Who twitter account dropped a bombshell Sunday afternoon. Confirming rumors that Bradley Walsh will join the cast as Graham, a new companion for Jodie Whitaker’s 13th Doctor, the tweet also revealed two additional “friends” who will be joining the cast: Mandip Gill and Toshin Cole. Will all three be companions traveling with the Doctor?
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) October 22, 2017
Additionally, actress Sharon D. Clarke is confirmed to join the cast in a recurring role, though the nature of that role is as yet unknown, according to the Radio Times., who also had quotes from showrunner Chris Chibnall:
The new Doctor is going to need new friends. We’re thrilled to welcome Mandip, Tosin and Bradley to the Doctor Who family. They’re three of Britain’s brightest talents and we can’t wait to see them dive into brand new adventures with Jodie’s Doctor. Alongside them, we’re delighted that Sharon D Clarke is also joining the show.
And from Whittaker:
I am so excited to share this huge adventure with Mandip, Tosin and Bradley. It’s a dream team!
And from Walsh:
I remember watching William Hartnell as the first Doctor. Black and white made it very scary for a youngster like myself. I was petrified but even though I’d watch most of it from behind the sofa through my fingers, I became a fan. I then queued up for ages to get into the Carlton picture house in Watford to watch the great Peter Cushing appear as the Doctor in a full length feature film made in glorious colour. Am I thrilled to be part of this whole ground breaking new dawn for the Doctor?? Oh yes!
I am over the moon to be joining the Doctor Who family. This is an iconic show with an amazing fanbase and I look forward to everything that brings. Certain roles seem unattainable and this is one of those, so much so I didn’t believe it to be true for the first few weeks. To be working alongside the likes of Jodie, Bradley and my old friend Tosin is thrilling. This show is worlds away from the work I’ve done previously and that’s the part that excites me the most.
I’m grateful and excited to be a part of this journey with the team. I’m looking forward to jumping in this Doctor Who universe.
Doctor Who will return for the Christmas Special, the final episode featuring Peter Capaldi and the last of Steven Moffat’s tenure. Capaldi will regenerate as Whittaker during the special. Then, the series will return in Fall 2018, reportedly for a 10 episode season consisting of 50 minute episodes.
- Misfits Fan? You Will Want To Be On The Super7 Store On Halloween
- Alien Gets Another 18-Inch Figure From Super7; A Green One This Time!
- John Carpenter: Anthology Needs To Be In Your Album Collection Right Now
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Hip Hop Variants to Appear on Actual Hip Hop Albums - October 22, 2018