EA has again responded to the concerns of Battlefront II beta testers who were worried about the game’s microtransactions.
While you may have been pumped for Star Wars Battlefront II as it’s a rather ambitious project trying to encapsulate several generations of Star Wars into one game, concerns about its micro-transaction systems have soured much of the recent conversation over the game.
Speaking with GameSpot, EA provided several responses to fan feedback and criticism of the micro-transactions (specifically the new and numerous “loot boxes”) that seem to plague players in Battlefront II, mostly as players fear the game is focused on being a “pay to win” structure.
EA Motive art director Chris Matthews explained that the concern around the use of loot boxes in Battlefront II is “understandable” however, Matthews believes that “DICE has taken great care to make sure that Star Cards and the way they work give you more options in battle,” adding that “terms like pay-to-win and stuff like that are hard to dodge, but the guys are doing a really incredible job of trying to balance that system.”
In addition to Matthews’ recent statements, EA Motive writer Mitch Dyer also added that DICE is being attentive to player feedback, that “the beta existed for things like this,” and that “the game exists because of feedback from fans.”
Star Wars Battlefront II will release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 17th, 2017.
- EA Games Suspends Purchases In 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'
- EA Continues To Dig A Hole Over 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Controversy
- More Reveals Within The 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Launch Trailer
- Get A Look At The 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Special Edition PS4
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018