EA has again responded to the concerns of Battlefront II beta testers who were worried about the game’s microtransactions.
While you may have been pumped for Star Wars Battlefront II as it’s a rather ambitious project trying to encapsulate several generations of Star Wars into one game, concerns about its micro-transaction systems have soured much of the recent conversation over the game.
Speaking with GameSpot, EA provided several responses to fan feedback and criticism of the micro-transactions (specifically the new and numerous “loot boxes”) that seem to plague players in Battlefront II, mostly as players fear the game is focused on being a “pay to win” structure.
EA Motive art director Chris Matthews explained that the concern around the use of loot boxes in Battlefront II is “understandable” however, Matthews believes that “DICE has taken great care to make sure that Star Cards and the way they work give you more options in battle,” adding that “terms like pay-to-win and stuff like that are hard to dodge, but the guys are doing a really incredible job of trying to balance that system.”
In addition to Matthews’ recent statements, EA Motive writer Mitch Dyer also added that DICE is being attentive to player feedback, that “the beta existed for things like this,” and that “the game exists because of feedback from fans.”
Star Wars Battlefront II will release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 17th, 2017.
- EA Games Suspends Purchases In 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'
- EA Continues To Dig A Hole Over 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Controversy
- More Reveals Within The 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Launch Trailer
- Get A Look At The 'Star Wars: Battlefront II' Special Edition PS4
- Go Behind the Scenes of “Overkill’s the Walking Dead” in a Making-of Trailer - March 19, 2018
- Amazon Announces Cloud-based Gaming Service ‘GameOn’ at GDC - March 19, 2018
- Huyahanachann Won the March Gwent Open This Weekend - March 19, 2018
- A Gamer’s Review of Tomb Raider: Far Too Much a Retelling Than an Adaptation - March 18, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII Adds an Updated Modern Warfare Map to Multiplayer - March 18, 2018