Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters in two weeks. Man is that crazy, where did this year go? Thor stuff is all over the place in stores right now. Funko has a bunch of different product out for example. Pops, Mystery Minis, all sorts of things. When it was announced that Ragnarok would be the theme for this Collectors Corps box, you figure that we would get some cool different Funko stuff inside. Well, after receiving ours, I can honestly say that everything inside was pretty unexpected.
Marvel Collectors Corps Funko Thor Ragnarok Box
Right off the bat, the box is smaller and more compact than usual. Featuring Hela on the outside, and Thor vs. Hulk artwork on the inside, there is no spot for the usual patch and pin. You come to find out that there is no patch this month, which is disappointing. Instead, we get Pop magnets! I kind of like them! I love the backgrounds and the portraits are great. Still, I would rather have a patch. The Hela pin is nice; I’m glad they kept that.
Then we go off the rails a bit. yes the rumors are true: there is a Pop fidget spinner in here. And a deck of playing cards that have nothing to do with Funko. Look, i get that they are just adding value to the box by including as much stuff as possible. But why not a Galatic Plushie? Or a Mystery Mini? Or even a Funko Pop Pen or keychain? Why two items that they do not produce? It doesn’t make a ton of sense. I do like the beanie hat instead of a shirt, though. The hat is nice material and I love the Hulk patch. So, at best, I would say the ancillary items are a mixed bag this box.
The Pops are great, as usual. These are what people buy these boxes for anyway. While Loki and Thor may not be the most exciting choices, both figures are excellent sculpts. Loki does have a issue standing with his horns on his helmet. But Thor is perfect. The helmet looks awesome, his shield has an amazing amount of detail, and his little Thor beard is magnificent. Both Pops are great.
Overall, this box is stuffed with…stuff. More than what it cost you to buy, that’s for sure. The Pops are solid, and the hat is cool. No more fidget spinners, please. And also: keep the boxes to Funko only. It feels a tad wrong that those cards were in here.
I have GIANT hopes for the Hulk box in December. This has the potential to be their best box. Here is hoping it is epic. You can order one for yourself, and past boxes, right here.
- Teen Titans Go! Get A Wave Of Creative Pops Again
- Masters Of The Universe Gets A Giant Wave Of Funko Pops
- Stan Lee MCU Cameos Get Their Own Funko Pops
- Coco Continues To Look Gorgeous In New Clip
- IDW Solicits For January 2018, With Launch Of Female-Focused Weekly Star Wars Comic
- Funko POP Design For Saga's Lying Cat For Free Comic Book Day 2018
- WWE Gets Even More Funko Pops. Say Hello To The Bad Guy!
- Bond...James Bond To Take Over Stores Shelves From Funko
- Can You Really Get A Refund On NYCC Exclusives That Weren't Exclusive? Yes.
- Lying In The Gutters - 15th October 2017 - The Joke's On You
- DCTV Recap: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, And Legends Are Back
- Writer/Director Lucky McKee Curates The October Box Of Dread
- Kingdom Hearts Gets An Exclusive Funko Box At Gamestop, Let's Dive In
- Funko Round-Up: South Park, Black Panther, and Harleen Quinzel! - October 18, 2018
- Halloween Tracking For Opening Between $1 and $70 Million - October 18, 2018
- Manifest Gets Three More Episodes Tacked on to Season 1 - October 18, 2018
- Hot Toys Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Concept Iron Man Coming Soon - October 18, 2018
- Listen to John Carpenter’s New Halloween Score in its Entirety! - October 18, 2018