While I’ve already seen this one on the big screen in my lifetime, I’d never pass up the opportunity to see it again. And next week, horror lovers around the world will have the opportunity to catch it. Thanks to SpectiCast, the classic John Carpenter film Halloween is returning to theaters everywhere for engagements that last through October 31st.
John Carpenter’s 1978 classic Halloween returns to theaters worldwide this October! See the film that defined a genre and launched an iconic franchise the way is was meant to be seen, on the big screen. Plus, catch an exclusive interview and retrospective with the legendary master of horror, John Carpenter. Introducing the film, this special bonus explores the history of the film and the indelible influence Halloween has had on not only the horror genre, but the entire film industry. Carpenter explains why the film is meant for the big screen, the influences that inspire his filmmaking and how Halloween became the highest grossing independent film of all time.
There’s no better way to experience the movie that brought Michael Myers into nightmares everywhere and launched the career of the original “scream queen” Jamie Lee Curtis, than in cinemas, digitally restored and remastered by the original cinematographer.
This is the same transfer that they have been re-releasing into theaters for years now. The behind-the-scenes feature could be cool to see, as well; that stuff is always fun.
Halloween is a classic film — in my opinion, the best horror film ever made. Everything about it is perfect, from the script to the score. All thanks to John Carpenter. Its greatness is in its simplicity. Everyone knows how great the film is. I always tell anyone who will listen that if I had a time machine, I would go back to the late 1970s for the cinema and the toys. Man, would I have loved to see this one during its original run.
Check if the film is playing near you and buy tickets right here.
- Disney's California Adventure Is Celebrating Families With Coco
- Nerd Food: A Taste Of The Underworld At Club Charles In Baltimore, MD
- Before They Were Gods: Our Halloween Edition With Ricky Whittle
- Bellevue: WGN America Releases Trailer For Anna Paquin Crime Drama
- A BC October: Tales From Terror-Vision! 'Murder In Small Town X' (2001)
- Exclusive Clip Of The End of the F***ing World Based On The Comics Of Charles Forsman For Channel 4
- You'll Do A Double Take When You Learn What Bill Jemas Has Been Up To Lately
- New Halloween Movie Will Have John Carpenter Score, New Details Emerge
- 2 Cops, A Human, And An Orc Protect A Magical Artifact in 'Bright'
- From Trump's ABC To Shaky Kane's Good News Bible: Fantagraphics' January 2018 Solicits
- Jean-Claude Van Johnson Trailer Spotlights A "Van Damaged" Jean-Claude
- Does Stan Lee Cameo In Thor: Ragnarok? Who Else?
- The Comic Book Creator Credits Of Thor: Ragnarok
- Toys R Us Founder Charles Lazarus Has Passed Away - March 22, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: New Batman Premium Format Figure Coming from Sideshow Collectibles - March 22, 2018
- Tron: Legacy Lightcycles Come to LEGO on March 31 - March 22, 2018
- Miles Morales Premium Format Figure on Its Way from Sideshow - March 21, 2018
- Ghostbusters One:12 Collective Figures are up for Preorder Now, and They Look Incredible - March 21, 2018