It took a little time to get here, but the “Endless War” update for Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War III will finally hit the servers today, just in time for the game’s Steam Free Weekend which has already kicked off and will run until 10am PDT on October 23rd. Below are some of the finer details of what you can experience along with the official trailer for the update.
The devastating Ironclad Dreadnought will join the Space Marines, using its seismic power to tie up foes and break the enemy line. The Lifta-Droppa Wagon will roll onto the field, adding incredible mobility to the Ork’s bag of tricks. Wraithseer Kayduin will bring expanded psyker abilities to the Eldar, damaging foes and empowering allies.
New Elite Skins
The Primaris Chaplain skin for Diomedes headlines the latest batch of cosmetics, marking the first time a Primaris Space Marine has been playable in the Dawn of War universe. Additional skins include Deathwing Terminators and Assault Terminators, the Salamander Ironclad Dreadnought, and the Eldar’s Kyre wearing the traditional Farseer helmet.
New Multiplayer Maps
The Shrine of Asuryan (1v1) will have players battling upon arcane Eldar architecture. The temple-grounds are snow-swept and protected by flows of fiery lava.
Serpent Chasm (2×2) a sand-swept plain, encircled by water. The chasm is the final resting place of skeletal sea serpents which fans may recognize as the sigil of Lady Solaria and House Varlock.
Da Extractor (3v3) will let armies wage war upon a looted Ork fuel rig. This weather-beaten rig is suspended on the ocean and crusted with rust and algae.
New Multiplayer Options
In addition to new landscapes, the update introduces new ways to play in Custom Matches. Players will have the option to toggle Elites, Doctrines, and faction super abilities on or off, creating new challenges as you face off against other players, or the AI.
- Chasm Set For Summer Release on PS4, Vita, and PC
- 'Lost Dimension' To Come Out On Steam At The End Of October
- VIZ Media Gets Distribution Rights to Castlevania’s Animated Series - July 21, 2018
- Several Overwatch League Players to Attend Olympic Committee Esports Summit - July 21, 2018
- Mega Man: Fully Charged Receives a Trailer and Debut Date - July 21, 2018
- Epic Games Explains Why Playground LTM Was Having Issues in Fortnite - July 21, 2018
- Hasbro and Blizzard Come Together for Overwatch Reaper Nerf Gun [SDCC] - July 21, 2018