After months of teasing and speculation fueled by the streaming giant and understandable changes made in light of the tragic October 1st mass shooting in Las Vegas, Netflix has set Friday, November 17th as the launch date for the 13-episode first season of Marvel’s The Punisher.
To coincide with the announcement, Netflix and Marvel Studios released a new trailer for the show’s inaugural season that you can see here:
The show’s release date has been a closely guarded secret since Marvel and Netflix began promoting the series with a redacted premiere date in September, though some speculated that the streaming service would drop the season either during New York Comic Con (October 6th) or the Friday before Veteran’s Day (November 10th). The mass shooting in Las Vegas forced Netflix to change their plans, including cancelling their Comic-Con panel/event.
The 13-episode series is set to establish Castle’s own piece of the Netflix/Marvel universe, giving viewers a better opportunity to get to know Castle more as a man than as just a killing machine. For series lead Jon Bernthal, this season is about Frank trying to open up more and care more for those around him — but the Punisher aspect of him is something that Frank is going to find himself having to lean on once again:
“During this show, nobody is who they appear to be… This season is much darker as it goes, it gets darker and darker and more visceral. The show takes you on this journey of Frank becoming more and more human again and then shutting off and shutting off and going back to what works for him, and the place where he kind of belongs, and I think that’s a place of solitude and of darkness and destruction. It’s going to get into as dark and as brutal a place as you’ve ever seen in the Marvel world, I can promise you that.”
The Punisher features Bernthal, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Deborah Ann Woll, Ben Barnes, Jason R. Moore, Michael Nathanson, Jamie Ray Newman and Amber Rose Revah. Steve Lightfoot serves as the series showrunner, with Jeph Loeb as executive producer.
- 'Hyakki Castle' Gets A Release Date With A New Trailer
- Smallville’s Sam Witwer Joins Supergirl Season 4 as Agent Liberty - July 17, 2018
- Tales from The Loop: Amazon Studios Greenlights Sci-Fi Fantasy Series Based on Simon Stålenhag Art - July 17, 2018
- Win a Chance to Cook Up a Batch with Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul – For a Great Cause - July 17, 2018
- ‘The Politician’: Ryan Murphy Casts 4 More for Ben Platt/Gwyneth Paltrow Netflix Series - July 16, 2018
- Sean Penn Series ‘The First’ Gets Launch Date, First-Look Images from Hulu - July 16, 2018