Pacific Rim Uprising is an upcoming film directed by Steven S. DeKnight and written by DeKnight, Emily Carmichael, Kira Snyder, and T.S. Nowlin from a story by DeKnight and Nowlin. It is the sequel to the 2013 film Pacific Rim — and now we’ll find out what happened between the events of the two films.
It has been 10 years since the Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns. Thrust into this is ex-jaeger pilot Jake Pentecost, son of the late Stacker Pentecost, who is given a chance by his adopted sister, Mako Mori, to unite with the world and fellow Jaeger pilots to prevent humanity’s extinction.
But what happened in those ten years? Well, Cavan Scott and Richard Elson are intending to tell you in a new comic book series from Legendary Comics, Pacific Rim Aftermath. It is being created as an official comic book prequel to Pacific Rim Uprising.
Santa Monica, 2034. In a city that was once the jewel of the west coast, a new world has emerged: one rising up from the ashes of giant robots and giant monsters. In this futuristic aftermath, we will meet a new generation of survivors, including Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, who is searching for answers behind the death of his Legendary father; Griffin, a Jaeger pilot who has gone from using his skills to defend the world to piloting an illegal Jaeger enforcer for a mob boss; and the Mech Czar, a techno-criminal overlord who rules the underworld with a steel fist. Set against a neo-noir backdrop of street gangs, Kaiju worshipers, and Jaeger Scrapyards, a mysterious but familiar figure arrives with a dangerous agenda!
The first issue will be out on January 17th, 2018 and will continue monthly, through the release of the new film.
Pacific Rim Uprising stars John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, and Jing Tian, with Charlie Day, Burn Gorman, and Rinko Kikuchi returning in their roles from the original film. It is scheduled to be released on March 23th, 2018.
- Pacific Rim Uprising Director Says Crossover With The Monster-Verse Is Possible
- Masters Of The Universe Gets A Giant Wave Of Funko Pops
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018