Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter has become more wealthy than his good friend President Donald Trump, according to the 1%er power rankings on Forbes’s 400 Richest Americans list.
Perlmutter is ranked at #179 on the list, with his fortune growing from $3.6 billion on the 2016 Forbes 400 list to $3.9 billion today. Trump, on the other hand, is ranked at #248, with his net worth falling from $3.7 billion in 2016 to $3.1 billion today.
But can the legendary Trump/Perlmutter friendship survive such a shift in the power dynamic? Well, Trump is still the President, and that’s got to count for something, but we know that Trump hates to be upstaged. Now all that saber rattling at North Korea makes sense! Of course, there’s one thing that could resolve this conflict: Ike could donate $1 billion to Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign, reversing the wealth inequality between the two and making Trump feel less inadequate, and thus less prone to start a global nuclear war.
Better start buying more Marvel comics now, folks. Unless you hate friendship and like nuclear bombs.
- Marvel Catches Typhoid Fever in October… but What Is It? - July 17, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Says Trump is Worse Than Thanos - July 17, 2018
- Dark Horse, Not Marvel, to Publish a Wreck-It Ralph Comic Book - July 17, 2018
- Black Panther’s Shuri Gets Her Own Comic at Marvel in October by Nnedi Okorafor and Leonardo Romero - July 17, 2018
- Marvel Teases Mysterious “Blind Spot” for Tomorrow, July 18th - July 17, 2018