Anna Paquin‘s (True Blood, Roots) new crime drama Bellevue has found a home at WGN America, as the network announced that its recently acquired new series will premiere on Tuesday January 23, 2018 at 10:00 pm ET / 9:00 pm CT. The eight-episode, one-hour series stars Paquin as Detective Annie Ryder; Shawn Doyle (House of Cards, Fargo) as Police Chief Peter Welland; and Allen Leech (Downton Abbey, The Imitation Game) as Eddie Roe. Paquin also serves as an executive producer alongside co-creators and showrunners Jane Maggs (The Offering) and Adrienne Mitchell (Bomb Girls, Durham County), and executive producers Janis Lundman, Michael Prupas, Morwyn Brebner and Jesse Prupas.
You’ve already seen some of the key art from the series; and here’s the first official trailer and synopsis:
“The gripping and eerie original series is set against the backdrop of a small town with big secrets. Twenty years ago, the murder of a young woman traumatized the community of “Bellevue.” Now, the killer is back. Or is he/she? When a high school hockey star, who is wrestling with his gender identity, goes missing and all signs point to foul play, Detective Annie Ryder (Anna Paquin) must unravel all the pieces to this gripping mystery before her own life falls apart. As the case pulls her further away from her family, she is also confronted by a mysterious person from her past with disturbing answers to lingering questions and a terrifying need to play mind games. Along the way, Annie must navigate a complicated relationship with her on again, off again ex, Eddie (Allen Leech) and her boss on the force, Chief Peter Welland (Shawn Doyle).”
Rounding out the Bellevue cast are Madison Ferguson (The Stanley Dynamic) as Daisy Ryder; Sharon Taylor (Ghost Wars, Supernatural) as Virginia Panamick; Billy MacLellan (Defiance, 12 Monkeys) as Brady Holt; Vincent Leclerc (Being Human, The Revenant) as Tom Edmonds; Janine Thériault (Degrassi: The Next Generation, Being Human) as Mother Mansfield, the Mayor of Bellevue; Joe Cobden (The Art or More, Blindspot) as Father Jameson; Victoria Sanchez (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan) as Maggie Sweetland; and newcomer Sadie O’Neil as Jesse Sweetland.
Bellevue is produced by Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Film Productions.
- Halloween Comes Back To Theaters All Over The World Next Week
- Kratos Is Coming From NECA, And He Looks Fantastic
- Flash Gets A Cool Play Art Figure That Makes His Movie Suit Awesome
- Smallville’s Sam Witwer Joins Supergirl Season 4 as Agent Liberty - July 17, 2018
- Tales from The Loop: Amazon Studios Greenlights Sci-Fi Fantasy Series Based on Simon Stålenhag Art - July 17, 2018
- Win a Chance to Cook Up a Batch with Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul – For a Great Cause - July 17, 2018
- ‘The Politician’: Ryan Murphy Casts 4 More for Ben Platt/Gwyneth Paltrow Netflix Series - July 16, 2018
- Sean Penn Series ‘The First’ Gets Launch Date, First-Look Images from Hulu - July 16, 2018