Yesterday we talked about the reported big name drop happening on Arrow tonight, but now there is a clip to go with it. The scene is directly set up by the last minutes of the season premiere, where a photo of Oliver Queen in the Green Arrow suit with no mask is shown on the news. This clip shows Oliver (Stephen Amell) showing up at the City Hall as a gaggle of reporters is waiting for him.
Oliver addresses it immediately with some sarcastic humor, asking if anything happened on the news last night. He comments that he can’t answer questions if they can’t hear him. He then outright denies being the Green Arrow, calls the photo a fake, and says they could put anyone’s head on there — including Bruce Wayne. Now there’s a character that has been hinted at in various ways, but never specifically named. He then says that if he was a mayor by day and a vigilante at night, he really would be a superhero — but he’s not.
He then leaves the press with Quentin (Paul Blackthorne) and Rene (Rick Gonzalez) asking him how he can be so cool about it. He says he’s been there before and asks how they got the photo. Oliver was pretty careless at the end of last season when he was going after Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra) — I’d bet the photo is real. If not, then I’m guessing there is a very good hacker behind it… maybe one played by Michael Emerson. Yes, I’m staying on the Emerson is Caden James bandwagon until I learn otherwise.
Arrow airs tonight at 9 p.m. ET on the CW.
- John Layman and Joe Eisma Team for Charlie’s Angels Comic Book Series - March 19, 2018
- Dynamite and Topps Partner for New ‘Mars Attacks’ Comics - March 19, 2018
- Dan Taylor Unveils Sci-Fi Noir Novella ‘Pi Private Eye’ - March 18, 2018
- NFL Draft 2018: Trade Near the Top as Jets and Colts Swap Picks - March 18, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Aerialist Dies After Fall During Live Performance - March 18, 2018