Fox is in the process of doing something really cool with the X-Men movies and one of those things is really leaning in how weird everything is with Cable in Deadpool 2. In a new interview with Collider Josh Brolin talked about getting the crap kicked out of him on set and when we should expect X-Force.
“[David] embraces what he’s very good at, which I think is very smart. There’s ton of action in it. The tease is, a guy who’s 49 years old on the cusp of 50 who got in the best shape of his life, especially exteriorly, and I was extremely disciplined throughout that whole thing. I got beat to shit on that movie. That’s all I know. I had stuntmen throwing me all over the place. I’ve got a shoulder issue, I’ve got a knee issue that I’ve got to deal with now, but we got through it. We got through it. I pushed hard and I suffered because of it.”
Brolin talked how the Cable we’re going to meet is the beginning of his characters story which will be told over multiple movies.
“I’m not going to tell you how much I’m in the film, but it’s his introduction, and I think his introduction, even in the small promos and teasers that David has shown me, I think it’s a proper reveal. I think we’re not trying to hide the fact that this is the beginning of Cable and absolutely not the end. I think when you’re sensitive about how you reveal this character there’s a sense of mystery in it, so then when we finally get into X-Force, you’re going to be with this guy full blown all the time. There’s a lot to be revealed. There’s a lot to be revealed, but there’s three more movies to reveal more.”
Finally, while he couldn’t give any specifics, Brolin revealed that X-Force might be happening earlier than we think.
“I think [X-Force films] sometime next year or soon thereafter. It depends. It all depends. It depends on how Deadpool 2 does, but I don’t think that’s a make or break kind of deal. Drew Goddard is already involved in it. He’s into it now. I know he and Ryan were meeting. I’ve met him once, and so this is all kind of going ahead. How it goes ahead, I know that they’re preparing, and I know that it’s something that I’m set to do. When it happens they’re going to put it as fast as they can. I think Drew Goddard is doing his movie right now and then once he’s kind of wrapped up with that and this movie comes out I think we’ll be ready to start the other one.”
The film just wrapped production so we can expect to see some footage from the movie perhaps at the end of the year/the beginning of next year.
Deadpool 2, directed by David Leitch, stars Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller, Josh Brolin, Brianna Hildebrand, and Zazie Beetz. It will be released on June 1st, 2018.
- Stan Lee MCU Cameos Get Their Own Funko Pops
- Marvel Legacy Defenders #6 Review: Deadpool Sucks, But This Comic Doesn't
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Will Have A Hidden Hulk Musical - But No X-Men
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix Has Officially Wrapped Production
- Marvel Legacy 'X-Men: Blue #13' Review: Self-Conscious And Underwhelming
- [Sundance 2018] American Animals Review: A Heist Movie with a Harsh Dose of Reality - January 21, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Beast Review: A Better Short Than a Full Movie - January 21, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] The Guilty Review: A Game of Telephone That Doesn’t Quite Connect - January 19, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Our New President Review: A Terrifying Montage of Russian Propaganda - January 19, 2018
- It’s Jaeger vs. Jaeger in New Pacific Rim Uprising Images - January 18, 2018