Fandomfest rolled into NYCC last weekend with one goal; to provide an excellent time for fans within the Javits Center. They had their own corner of the exhibit hall, where they had a screen printing area, video games, and a food truck.
The food truck was arguably the most popular attraction there, as fans had to get tickets early enough in the day to get a chance to try the food. And those tickets went fast! I was lucky enough to get a special press box set aside for me, so thanks Fandomfest for the hookup!
So as you can see, everything is snack sized, and based off of popular pop culture properties. The Pickle Rick Soda stood out immediately, and I’ll get to that later.
First up, the Lucille Pretzel, based on the infamous baseball bat in The Walking Dead.
The eyeball was a nice touch. Bits of crushed pretzel, chocolate, caramel, and strawberry drizzle made up this gruesome concoction, but holy heck it’s good. If this was a mass made eye-tom (sorry), I’d buy one frequently.
Up next was the Upside Down Waffle, from Stranger Things.
A miniature waffle, with chocolate and jam. Honestly, I eat similar food at home, so I knew it would at least be good. It was messy and sticky, but that’s to be expected with the Upside Down.
The Porg In A Blanket from Star Wars was seriously adorable.
I felt bad about eating this. Look at its face.
The head was a chocolate cake pop, with a marshmallow body wrapped in a cinnamon tortilla. It was delicious, chewy, and filling. Thankfully all I had left was the soda, which I saved for when I got home.
To commemorate this treat, I got it on video. Enjoy.
- Stranger Things Hype Is Real: Reebok Shoes Incoming
- Stranger Things Mystery Minis Are Adorable, Frustrating At The Same Time
- New Holiday Dress Makes Its Way To Disney’s Dress Shop On Black Friday - November 16, 2017
- Riverdale Season 2, Episode 6 Review: Chapter 19 – Deathproof - November 16, 2017
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming To Disneyland’s Downtown Disney In 2018 - November 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Tommy Wiseau’s Beautiful Train Wreck ‘The Room’ - November 15, 2017
- New Events And More Coming To Hong Kong Disneyland In 2018! - November 15, 2017