Fandomfest rolled into NYCC last weekend with one goal; to provide an excellent time for fans within the Javits Center. They had their own corner of the exhibit hall, where they had a screen printing area, video games, and a food truck.
The food truck was arguably the most popular attraction there, as fans had to get tickets early enough in the day to get a chance to try the food. And those tickets went fast! I was lucky enough to get a special press box set aside for me, so thanks Fandomfest for the hookup!
So as you can see, everything is snack sized, and based off of popular pop culture properties. The Pickle Rick Soda stood out immediately, and I’ll get to that later.
First up, the Lucille Pretzel, based on the infamous baseball bat in The Walking Dead.
The eyeball was a nice touch. Bits of crushed pretzel, chocolate, caramel, and strawberry drizzle made up this gruesome concoction, but holy heck it’s good. If this was a mass made eye-tom (sorry), I’d buy one frequently.
Up next was the Upside Down Waffle, from Stranger Things.
A miniature waffle, with chocolate and jam. Honestly, I eat similar food at home, so I knew it would at least be good. It was messy and sticky, but that’s to be expected with the Upside Down.
The Porg In A Blanket from Star Wars was seriously adorable.
I felt bad about eating this. Look at its face.
The head was a chocolate cake pop, with a marshmallow body wrapped in a cinnamon tortilla. It was delicious, chewy, and filling. Thankfully all I had left was the soda, which I saved for when I got home.
To commemorate this treat, I got it on video. Enjoy.
- Stranger Things Hype Is Real: Reebok Shoes Incoming
- Stranger Things Mystery Minis Are Adorable, Frustrating At The Same Time
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018