Fandomfest rolled into NYCC last weekend with one goal; to provide an excellent time for fans within the Javits Center. They had their own corner of the exhibit hall, where they had a screen printing area, video games, and a food truck.
The food truck was arguably the most popular attraction there, as fans had to get tickets early enough in the day to get a chance to try the food. And those tickets went fast! I was lucky enough to get a special press box set aside for me, so thanks Fandomfest for the hookup!
So as you can see, everything is snack sized, and based off of popular pop culture properties. The Pickle Rick Soda stood out immediately, and I’ll get to that later.
First up, the Lucille Pretzel, based on the infamous baseball bat in The Walking Dead.
The eyeball was a nice touch. Bits of crushed pretzel, chocolate, caramel, and strawberry drizzle made up this gruesome concoction, but holy heck it’s good. If this was a mass made eye-tom (sorry), I’d buy one frequently.
Up next was the Upside Down Waffle, from Stranger Things.
A miniature waffle, with chocolate and jam. Honestly, I eat similar food at home, so I knew it would at least be good. It was messy and sticky, but that’s to be expected with the Upside Down.
The Porg In A Blanket from Star Wars was seriously adorable.
I felt bad about eating this. Look at its face.
The head was a chocolate cake pop, with a marshmallow body wrapped in a cinnamon tortilla. It was delicious, chewy, and filling. Thankfully all I had left was the soda, which I saved for when I got home.
To commemorate this treat, I got it on video. Enjoy.
- Stranger Things Hype Is Real: Reebok Shoes Incoming
- Stranger Things Mystery Minis Are Adorable, Frustrating At The Same Time
- Pinup Girl Clothing Teams up with Betty and Veronica for a Fabulous New Line - March 16, 2018
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Options in Disney Springs for St. Patrick’s Day! - March 16, 2018
- D’oh! This Homer Simpson Sheet Mask is What Nightmares Are Made Of - March 16, 2018
- Indulge in Disneyland Resort’s Newest Hotel Package: Pixar Fest! - March 16, 2018
- New St. Patrick’s Day Pastries Available Now at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs - March 12, 2018