Netflix has released a teaser trailer for their new limited series Godless that debuts on November 22nd. Godless is a seven-part series from Steven Soderbergh and Scott Frank, written and directed by Scott Frank, starring Jack O’Connell, Michelle Dockery, Kim Coates, and Jeff Daniels.
It tells the story of Frank Griffin, an outlaw terrorizing the 1880s American West, as he hunts down Roy Goode, his partner turned enemy. Roy hides out at a ranch as Frank’s chase leads him to La Belle, New Mexico – a town mysteriously made up entirely of women.
In a unique choice, the trailer has a poem narrated over it. It’s a poem called Tis A Fearful Thing by Yehuda HaLevi:
“Tis a fearful thing
to love what death can touch.
A fearful thing
to love, to hope, to dream, to be –
And oh, to lose.
A thing for fools, this,
And a holy thing,
a holy thing
For your life has lived in me,
your laugh once lifted me,
your word was gift to me.
To remember this brings painful joy.
‘Tis a human thing, love,
a holy thing, to love
what death has touched.”
Godless debuts on Netflix this November 22nd.
- 80 Original Netflix Films On Slate For 2018 Release
- Ben Barnes Talks About Billy Russo In Marvel’s The Punisher (Spoilers) - November 18, 2017
- Marvel’s The Punisher Season 1: Welcome Back Frank… - November 18, 2017
- Singer/Actor David Cassidy Hospitalized Due To Organ Failure - November 18, 2017
- The Simple Story Structure You’ve Never Heard Of, But Should Master - November 18, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: James And Lena Won’t Be Buddies Anytime Soon - November 18, 2017