Netflix has released a teaser trailer for their new limited series Godless that debuts on November 22nd. Godless is a seven-part series from Steven Soderbergh and Scott Frank, written and directed by Scott Frank, starring Jack O’Connell, Michelle Dockery, Kim Coates, and Jeff Daniels.
It tells the story of Frank Griffin, an outlaw terrorizing the 1880s American West, as he hunts down Roy Goode, his partner turned enemy. Roy hides out at a ranch as Frank’s chase leads him to La Belle, New Mexico – a town mysteriously made up entirely of women.
In a unique choice, the trailer has a poem narrated over it. It’s a poem called Tis A Fearful Thing by Yehuda HaLevi:
“Tis a fearful thing
to love what death can touch.
A fearful thing
to love, to hope, to dream, to be –
And oh, to lose.
A thing for fools, this,
And a holy thing,
a holy thing
For your life has lived in me,
your laugh once lifted me,
your word was gift to me.
To remember this brings painful joy.
‘Tis a human thing, love,
a holy thing, to love
what death has touched.”
Godless debuts on Netflix this November 22nd.
- 80 Original Netflix Films On Slate For 2018 Release
- Forging Hephaestus: Drew Hayes Builds a Universe from the Villains’ POV - January 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner Shares Original Designs for 30th Anniversary Dawn Statue - January 19, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: How Long Before Anissa Suits Up as Thunder? - January 19, 2018
- Drew Carey to Guest Star on NCIS as Former Marine Accused of Murder - January 19, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary – Aleš Kot on James Bond: The Body #1 - January 19, 2018