Ever since we first saw Deadd fans have been itching for a second installment in the series. A hard R rated comic book movie that was maybe three years too soon Deadd garnered critical acclaim but failed miserably at the box office. Star Karl Urban has never really given up hope that he’d get to show off his best frowny face on screen again though and there has been hope lately. A new television show, called Mega-City One, and Urban has been saying he’s willing to come back for at least a cameo. While at the Thor: Ragnarok junket Screen Rant asked Urban about the television show and his role within it.
“Well, Rebellion, who owns the rights to Judge Dredd, are currently developing a television series called Mega-City One, and I’ve had many discussions with them about my involvement of which I am interested, and I said to them, ‘Listen, if you write a character that has a function and a purpose and contributes to the overall story, then I might be very interested in reprising that role.’ I certainly wouldn’t want to step into it and just pay lip service to the movie. There has to be some material there that warrants further exploration of that character. So the ball’s in their court.”
We only have a few pieces of concept art to go on for Mega-City One and no release year let alone date so there is still plenty of time for the producers to work something out with Urban. He’s clearly have passionate about the character or he wouldn’t be bringing up so many years later.
- Rian Johnson Is a Huge Dork and This Reference in Star Wars: The Last Jedi Proves It - December 16, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #10 – Star Wars: The Last Jedi Spoiler-Filled Roundtable - December 16, 2017
- First Look at Taron Egerton in Robin Hood - December 16, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #9 – Star Wars: The Last Jedi Spoiler-Free Roundtable - December 16, 2017
- First Poster Revealed for Ocean’s 8 - December 16, 2017