(Editor’s Note: Bleeding Cool staffer Danielle Mick reporting from New York Comic Con and speaking with X-Files Director Walter Skinner, Mitch Pileggi!)
If you’ve watched my footage from the other interviews, you’ll hear random outbursts of laughter sporadically. Each of those moments were born from the time spent with Mitch Pileggi, known for his work with not one (X Files) but two (Stargate) big fandoms.
I didn’t understand how someone could make everyone erupt into fits of giggles repeatedly until he sat down in front of us. Pileggi is the epitome an effervescent personality. He is the unofficial king of projecting. I was so thrilled to be able to spend an extended period of time listening to him talk about the eleventh season of The X Files (set to air in January of 2018), the lacking desire to be a featured guest role on television, and unexpected moments of awe in fleeting characters.
I have to be honest with you: episodes that are my favorites are the ones that I’m not in.
He was happy to inform us that we were going to receive a Skinner-centric episode, which the majority of the panel was thrilled to hear. He wouldn’t give us any other details besides that, though, despite taking one very long look at the questioner when asked about visions of a young Skinner, before ultimately sipping his water and declining to answer the question.
He did share his momentary rage when it came to The Lone Gunman.
… What the hell is going on? You’re spinning them off? What about Skinner? And he looks at me and goes ‘what would it be about?’ And I was like [gasp] I have no idea. What would it be about?
To watch the roundtable interview session in full, here you go:
All in all, I had an absolute blast spending time with Mr. Pileggi and he was more than happy to take pictures with most everyone at our table upon completion, which I thought was very generous.
- X-Files Season 11: Live Tweet Along With Us During The Premiere
- The Weekly Static S01E09: Scully And Scary And Sleazy...Oh My!
- X-Files Season 11: Producers Still Working To Bring Back John Doggett
- X-Files Season 11 Trailer Reunites Mulder And Scully, Maybe For The Last Time
- The Night King Is Coming - A Few More Exclusive Dealer Funko Pops For NYCC From
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure Review: Actually, It’s Better Than the First Two - January 20, 2018
- How MoviePass Will Let You See 365 Movies a Year for $90, and Why Theater Chains Are Furious About It - January 2, 2018
- 2017 Film Countdown #1: From Arrival to Blade Runner 2049, The Dune Reboot Found its Director - December 31, 2017
- 2017 TV Countdown #1: Fandom Loses Richard Hatch, Star of Battlestar Galactica - December 31, 2017
- Black Mirror Outdoes Both Star Trek and The Orville with USS Callister - December 31, 2017