We just got the trailer for X-Men: The New Mutants, but there are two other X-Men movies coming out in 2018. The last one, that is due out in November 2018, wrapped production today, according to director Simon Kinberg.
This movie, which is promising to do the Dark Phoenix story and get it right this time, is the X-Men movie that people are talking about the least. The reviews for X-Men: Apocalypse were not exactly positive. And while movies like Deadpool 2 and the The New Mutants are promising a very different X-Men movie experience, all evidence thus far points to this one following a formula that appears to not be working anymore. There were rumors that the X-Men were finally going to embrace outer space and get weird on us, but those were shut down. It’s yet another “grounded” X-Men movie.
Kinberg has a few more behind-the-scenes pictures on his Instagram of various cast members, but no hints as to what we can really expect from the film.
Summary: Jean Grey begins to develop incredible powers that corrupt and turn it into a Dark Phoenix. Now the X-Men will have to decide if the life of a team member is worth more than all the people living in the world.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult. It will be released on November 2nd, 2018.
- Josh Brolin Talks Deadpool 2 And His Four Picture Deal
- Deadpool Review: Finally A Really Good X-Men Movie
- Disney Fires Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Over Old Offensive Tweets - July 20, 2018
- 20th Century Fox Brings the Fun to Their Panel for The Predator - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Comic-Con Iron Fist Season 2 Panel Live-Blog - July 19, 2018
- First Teaser Trailer for Series 11 of Doctor Who Debuts at SDCC [VIDEO] - July 19, 2018
- At SDCC, Working Geek Moms Still Gotta Bring Home a Gift - July 19, 2018