There were rumors a few months back to that a Tron reboot was in the works and that method actor extraordinaire Jared Leto was involved with the production. Leto is currently doing promo for Blade Runner 2049, and while being interviewed by Collider, he was asked about his involved with this reboot.
Leto had a very visceral reaction the first time he saw the original Tron movie:
“It was a huge movie for me as well and I do think there’s so much potential in that world, there so much left to be said. I’m absolutely game to try to help in any way that I can bring that to life.”
While he didn’t confirm that he’s directly involved with the movie, he does confirm that he’s in discussions:
“It’s something that we’re in discussions about and very much looking forward to bringing to reality. It’s very early days though.”
The interviewer goes on to say that he hopes that the project will work out for Leto. Leto responds:
“Yeah, me too. I’m right there and right next to you. It’s one of my favorites.”
We live in a world of reboots, and since the direct sequel route didn’t work for Tron, it isn’t that surprising that they are moving ahead with some sort of reboot. There’s no telling what kind of role Leto could play in it, but it sounds like the franchise is something he’s passionate about. It could be interesting — as long as he doesn’t try to literally become a computer to get the part.
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018