There were rumors a few months back to that a Tron reboot was in the works and that method actor extraordinaire Jared Leto was involved with the production. Leto is currently doing promo for Blade Runner 2049, and while being interviewed by Collider, he was asked about his involved with this reboot.
Leto had a very visceral reaction the first time he saw the original Tron movie:
“It was a huge movie for me as well and I do think there’s so much potential in that world, there so much left to be said. I’m absolutely game to try to help in any way that I can bring that to life.”
While he didn’t confirm that he’s directly involved with the movie, he does confirm that he’s in discussions:
“It’s something that we’re in discussions about and very much looking forward to bringing to reality. It’s very early days though.”
The interviewer goes on to say that he hopes that the project will work out for Leto. Leto responds:
“Yeah, me too. I’m right there and right next to you. It’s one of my favorites.”
We live in a world of reboots, and since the direct sequel route didn’t work for Tron, it isn’t that surprising that they are moving ahead with some sort of reboot. There’s no telling what kind of role Leto could play in it, but it sounds like the franchise is something he’s passionate about. It could be interesting — as long as he doesn’t try to literally become a computer to get the part.
- The Man Who Invented Christmas Review: Charles Dickens Lost In Creative Madness - November 21, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Will We See Luke And Leia Reunite? - November 21, 2017
- New TV Spot For Star Wars: The Last Jedi Shows Luke Training Rey - November 21, 2017
- Lando Calrissian Will Not Appear In Star Wars: The Last Jedi - November 21, 2017
- Paul Feig Regrets That Ghostbusters Turned Into A Cause - November 21, 2017