Word from TVLine is that The X-Files is actively pursuing Robert Patrick to reprise his role of Agent John Doggett for season 11. Patrick, who first played the character in the eighth and ninth season of the X-Files original run, is currently on the CBS series Scorpion.
Series creator Chris Carter told the website that Patrick was originally scheduled to appear in one of the season’s early episodes but couldn’t do it because of scheduling:
I actually wrote him into an episode,” Carter reveals. “But then I found out he wasn’t going to be available to us [because of Scorpion] so I had to write him out of the episode… Scorpion is his first priority.
Carter then added:
That’s not to say you won’t see him this season…
Patrick confirms that it was a scheduling conflict that kept him from doing the originally planned appearance and that he’s still interested in giving it another try. The series is about to start production on the sixth of ten episodes planned for the season.
Doggett’s former partner, Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish) was shown to be working with the Cigarette Smoking Man (William B. Davis) in the season ten finale. Gish has already signed on for season eleven and her alliance with CSM will be addressed.
There is also a Doggett and Reyes mention in the recently released, The X-Files: Stolen Lives, audiobook.
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: The Fall Of A Righteous Man - October 19, 2017
- The Magicians – Fanimation: Party Tricks Chapter One - October 19, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: An Inside Look At Episode 2, ‘Tribute’ - October 19, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Sholly Fisch Talks The Mighty Mouse Finale - October 19, 2017
- Supernatural Season 13: Trying To Explain God To The Son Of Lucifer - October 19, 2017