Word from TVLine is that The X-Files is actively pursuing Robert Patrick to reprise his role of Agent John Doggett for season 11. Patrick, who first played the character in the eighth and ninth season of the X-Files original run, is currently on the CBS series Scorpion.
Series creator Chris Carter told the website that Patrick was originally scheduled to appear in one of the season’s early episodes but couldn’t do it because of scheduling:
I actually wrote him into an episode,” Carter reveals. “But then I found out he wasn’t going to be available to us [because of Scorpion] so I had to write him out of the episode… Scorpion is his first priority.
Carter then added:
That’s not to say you won’t see him this season…
Patrick confirms that it was a scheduling conflict that kept him from doing the originally planned appearance and that he’s still interested in giving it another try. The series is about to start production on the sixth of ten episodes planned for the season.
Doggett’s former partner, Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish) was shown to be working with the Cigarette Smoking Man (William B. Davis) in the season ten finale. Gish has already signed on for season eleven and her alliance with CSM will be addressed.
There is also a Doggett and Reyes mention in the recently released, The X-Files: Stolen Lives, audiobook.
- Read Bettie Page #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 12, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews: Sheena #4, Skin & Earth #6, and Hack/Slash vs. Vampirella #3 - December 12, 2017
- Shazam! Adds ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Actor Ian Chen to Growing Cast - December 12, 2017
- Homeland Season 7: Carrie is Back in Washington D.C. - December 12, 2017
- CW Unveils Black Lightning Key Art Poster - December 12, 2017