Even after the constant pushbacks and deadlines and updates for the latest South Park video game The Fractured But Whole, it appears the video game bug still resides within both creators of the series. But more specifically, it appears co-creator Matt Stone would like to explore the option of creating a first-person shooter. In an interview with IGN, Stone expressed interest in the genre, and not even specifically with South Park in mind. Here’s a brief snippet from the interview about the current game.
Stone went on to note how the role-playing genre is such a good fit for South Park, saying, “I love the way we do [The Fractured But Whole] and Stick of Truth where the whole conceit behind those is it looks like the show.” Parker also pointed out how “RPGs just play so well into… writing, and applying to characters,” which makes the genre such a good fit for South Park.
Now keep in mind that South Park as a whole are no strangers to first-person shooters, as one of their first ventures into gaming came with the N64/PS1 title of the same name, which was heavily panned. Granted, we’ve come a long way in twenty years, but if South Park or any other title from Stone becomes an FPS, they’ve got a tall hill to climb.
- Offending Everyone Is Their Superpower: We Review 'South Park: The Fractured But Whole'
- A Pair Of Trailers For 'South Park: The Fractured But Whole' Hit Before Release
- Bleeding Cool Takes The South Park Member Berries Challenge At NYCC
- The Comic Book Dealer And The Trump-Ish "Canadian Coalition Of Concerned Citizens"
- Difficulty Tied To Skin Color In New South Park Game, And Your Character Can Be Transgender
- The Journey To Offend Everyone: We Review 'Offensive Combat Redux!'
- Ubisoft Has Plans For More Nintendo Switch Games Soon
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for March 20-26, 2018 - March 20, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves is Getting a Surprising Day One Patch - March 19, 2018
- Twitch Celebrates Mr. Rogers’s 90th Birthday with a Marathon - March 19, 2018
- Tower of Time Will Finally Leave Early Access This April - March 19, 2018
- The PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile Game is Now Live - March 19, 2018