Shemar Moore was one of the original cast members of Criminal Minds when the series debuted in 2005. Moore has signed to the new S.W.A.T. series, but Deadline is reporting that he will be reprising the role of Derek Morgan in an upcoming episode of Criminal Minds this season.
Moore had just come off of the short-lived Birds of Prey series and the soap opera The Young and the Restless when he was cast as Derek Morgan, part of the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) on the series, led by Mandy Patinkin and Thomas Gibson. Moore stayed with the series through the 12th season, leaving after the season finale this past May.
Derek Morgan survived the kidnapping from last season and left the BAU to focus on life and family, but he will be returning for the fifth episode of the season (on October 25th) to help Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness) deal with a case that has affected her emotionally. Morgan and Garcia were always close, so this makes a lot of sense.
Criminal Minds also stars Joe Mantegna, Paget Brewster, Matthew Gray Gubler, A.J. Cook, Aisha Tyler, Adam Rodriguez, and Daniel Henney. Both Criminal Minds and S.W.A.T. are on CBS with the latter debuting on November 2nd, with Moore playing Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson.
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: The Fall Of A Righteous Man - October 19, 2017
- The Magicians – Fanimation: Party Tricks Chapter One - October 19, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: An Inside Look At Episode 2, ‘Tribute’ - October 19, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Sholly Fisch Talks The Mighty Mouse Finale - October 19, 2017
- Supernatural Season 13: Trying To Explain God To The Son Of Lucifer - October 19, 2017