Shemar Moore was one of the original cast members of Criminal Minds when the series debuted in 2005. Moore has signed to the new S.W.A.T. series, but Deadline is reporting that he will be reprising the role of Derek Morgan in an upcoming episode of Criminal Minds this season.
Moore had just come off of the short-lived Birds of Prey series and the soap opera The Young and the Restless when he was cast as Derek Morgan, part of the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) on the series, led by Mandy Patinkin and Thomas Gibson. Moore stayed with the series through the 12th season, leaving after the season finale this past May.
Derek Morgan survived the kidnapping from last season and left the BAU to focus on life and family, but he will be returning for the fifth episode of the season (on October 25th) to help Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness) deal with a case that has affected her emotionally. Morgan and Garcia were always close, so this makes a lot of sense.
Criminal Minds also stars Joe Mantegna, Paget Brewster, Matthew Gray Gubler, A.J. Cook, Aisha Tyler, Adam Rodriguez, and Daniel Henney. Both Criminal Minds and S.W.A.T. are on CBS with the latter debuting on November 2nd, with Moore playing Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Answer to the Black Canary Image from this Weekend - March 19, 2018
- Freeform Releases New Poster for Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger - March 19, 2018
- Syfy’s Nightflyers Changes Showrunners Before Pilot is Filmed - March 19, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Have John Constantine Full-Time - March 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner and Kristina Deak-Linsner Team for New Vampirella Series - March 19, 2018