In an exclusive reveal, IGN has reported that Crytek’s unique monster-hunting survival-shooter Hunt: Showdown will have an Early Access release on Steam. In an exclusive Developer Diary, the creative team at Crytek are dedicated to giving players an experience that they enjoy. And that mostly seems to come down to listening to player feedback and allocating future resources into the areas players most respond to.
“You want to create an experience that goes from the game into the player,” said Creative Director Magnus Larbrant. “These guys are really into your world and they’re having fun right? And that’s what I want, too. I think Early Access for our game is the best thing that could ever happen.”
“We really have to engage the players, man,” Larbrant continued. “I’m completely open-minded. I know the designers are open-minded… Not over-promise things. Just tell this is where we are and this is where we’re going to get to.”
“We will be adding more gear, more monsters, more Hunters, more game modes, more traits, crafting, and further map variations throughout Early Access. We want to take the time to make Hunt the game we’ve always wanted to play.”
Considering the success of fellow Early Access title, PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds, Crytek’s decision just might be the best thing they could do to get Hunt in the hands of dedicated players.
- Unique Social Gay RPG Gaydorado Fills an Odd Niche - March 20, 2018
- Elder Dice, Bringing a Bit of Eldritch Horror to All Your Tabletop Games - March 20, 2018
- Halo vs. Larry Niven’s Ringworld — Just How Similar Are They? - March 20, 2018
- Kitty Powers’ Love Life Review: Like The Sims but More Relationship-Focused - March 20, 2018
- Light Tracer Review: A Pretty, Kid-Friendly VR Puzzle Platformer - March 20, 2018