Today’s Metal #3 by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and Jonathan Glapion doubles down on the musical vibes the series has been rolling since they got away with calling the series that rather than the original corporate-preferred Dark Crisis.
We are told of a secret code system between Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to signal to each other when there is something they are unable to do openly.
So in Superman’s dreams, he is contacted, and interprets it thus:
If it was BC I’d have had a totally different reaction of course. But Superman knows he is being called and where he has to go.
While the bad guys pick their favourite tune…
Number B-66 on the jukebox. Batman Sixty Six. How does that go again?
As Batman explains, it was a trap but he tried to give Superman a clue…
DC? In the music? Let’s check. From the Batman theme tune…
Why, so it is. Like I said, Scott has been hanging around with Phonomancers Kieron and Janie just a little too much…
— Scott Snyder (@Ssnyder1835) October 9, 2017
And it works as quite the tribute to the late Adam West too.
DARK NIGHTS METAL #3
(W) Scott Snyder (A/CA) Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion
Superman is pulled into the mystery of the Dark Multiverse while the Justice League follows the trail to a weapon that could keep the forces of the Dark Multiverse at bay!In Shops: Oct 11, 2017
- What The Fashionable Sheldon Cooper Will Be Wearing This Winter - October 18, 2017
- Frank Cho, Drawing Harley Quinn Covers Longer Than He Would Have Done On Wonder Woman - October 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Reprint Deathstroke Vol 3: Nuclear Winter TPB Over Missing Page - October 18, 2017
- IDW Issues A Recall Of Kid Lobotomy #1 Gold Foil Covers, Asks Retailers To Rip Them Off - October 18, 2017
- Eric Zawadzki And Ryan Lindsay’s Graphic Novel, Eternal, From Black Mask January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017