Today’s Metal #3 by Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and Jonathan Glapion doubles down on the musical vibes the series has been rolling since they got away with calling the series that rather than the original corporate-preferred Dark Crisis.
We are told of a secret code system between Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to signal to each other when there is something they are unable to do openly.
So in Superman’s dreams, he is contacted, and interprets it thus:
If it was BC I’d have had a totally different reaction of course. But Superman knows he is being called and where he has to go.
While the bad guys pick their favourite tune…
Number B-66 on the jukebox. Batman Sixty Six. How does that go again?
As Batman explains, it was a trap but he tried to give Superman a clue…
DC? In the music? Let’s check. From the Batman theme tune…
Why, so it is. Like I said, Scott has been hanging around with Phonomancers Kieron and Janie just a little too much…
— Scott Snyder (@Ssnyder1835) October 9, 2017
And it works as quite the tribute to the late Adam West too.
DARK NIGHTS METAL #3
(W) Scott Snyder (A/CA) Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion
Superman is pulled into the mystery of the Dark Multiverse while the Justice League follows the trail to a weapon that could keep the forces of the Dark Multiverse at bay!In Shops: Oct 11, 2017
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- Marvel Has 7 Exclusive Retailer Cover Options for July, from Cap to Cosmic - April 20, 2018
- Will Liam Sharp Join Grant Morrison on Green Lantern? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- 18 DC Comics Covers for May from Amanda Conner, Frank Cho, Bryan Hitch, Francesco Mattina, and More - April 20, 2018
- Kelly Sue DeConnick on Aquaman? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018