When Jacen Burrows first co-created Crossed with Garth Ennis for Bleeding Cool publisher Avatar Press, his work was compared to the now-late Steve Dillon, a long-term collaborator with Ennis. Burrows has worked extensively with Garth Ennis at Avatar, and with Warren Ellis and drew Alan Moore‘s most recent horror/HP Lovecraft comic books Neonomicon and Providence for the publisher.
Now he seems to be making steps to Marvel Comics, following Dillon’s path, lined up for the new Marvel Legacy Moon Knight series, working with Max Bemis. And seems to have picked up a little Jamie McKelvie and Frank Quitely along the way.
No pressure, Max.
Everyone’s favorite superhero oddball is about to have a new beginning in Marvel Legacy, as Max Bemis and Jacen Burrows have teamed up for an explosive story in MOON KNIGHT #188.
“Max and I are really striving to put something together that is unique and interesting while drawing from Moon Knight’s long history,” said series artist Jacen Burrows. “This next chapter in Moon Knight’s life is going to permanently affect this character’s path and we are working hard live up to the task.”
While Moon Knight may have vanquished his mental demons, it doesn’t mean that he’s not in for trouble with a mysterious new nemesis – a dangerous enemy who will change his life forever and keep him from the shadows.
“Moon Knight has been in a sort of creative renaissance since Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey relaunched the character in 2014, all the way through the amazing arc recently completed by Jeff Lemire, Greg Smallwood and company,” said Burrows. “We hope to continue this by making the next important chapter in Marc Spector’s life thought provoking, intense, a little scary, and a little funny.”
MOON KNIGHT #188
Written by MAX BEMIS
Art and Cover by JACEN BURROWS
FOC – 10/16/17, On-Sale – 11/08/17
- Marvel Comics Liquidates the Retailer Liquidation List: Almost 1000 Titles Must Go - December 16, 2017
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month’s Loot Crate? - December 16, 2017
- I Like Bi Books and I Cannot Lie: Elizabeth Beier’s Trials and Errors - December 16, 2017
- Shonen Magazine to Run “Marvel Manga Awards” to Recruit Japanese Marvel Talent - December 16, 2017
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017