To say that the new season of The Shannara Chronicles is going to be more action packed couldn’t be more exemplified than in the clip below.
As the series returns this week for its second season, it moves from MTV to Spike. And where the first season adapted the Terry Brooks’ novel The Elfstones of Shannara, this new season is making a new story altogether, choosing to stay with Wil Ohmsford (Austin Butler) and Eretria (Ivana Baquero) instead of jumping years forward as the novels do in The Wishsong of Shannara. The new stories were done with Brooks’s input.
Magic has returned to the Four Lands, and it brings with it a lot of problems. One of them we see in the clip. Bandon (Marcus Vanco), the elf seer from the first season that was corrupted by the Dagda Mor, continues down the dark path. He and his followers are trying to resurrect the Warlock Lord. Allanon (Manu Bennett) has been tracking him and confronts him and his followers. It is an epic looking battle of swords and magic that doesn’t end well for everyone’s favorite Druid. Bandon seemed so niece last year.
The Shannara Chronicles returns on Wednesday, October 11th on Spike TV.
- Rob Liefeld Reacts to New Titans Image of Hawk and Dove - December 15, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at Dynamite’s Pop Culture Titles Shipping March 2017 - December 15, 2017
- 4 New Clips from Guillermo del Toro’s Trollhunters Season 2 - December 15, 2017
- Netflix Releases Trailer for Jack Black’s The Polka King - December 15, 2017
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: A Demonstration by the Destroyer of Worlds - December 15, 2017