Announced at New York Comic Con this weekend, publisher Lion Forge is adding three new titles to its publishing lineup: Dinosaucers by Michael Uslan and Andrew Pepoy, Wormworld Saga by Daniel Lieske, and Upgrade Soul by Ezra Clayton Daniels.
First up is Dinosaucers, based on a 1980s cartoon produced by DiC Entertainment, which you may remember as the company that produced cheaply animated cartoons in the ’80s that paled in comparison to cartoons made by Marvel/Sunbow. Sure, they ruined G.I. Joe, the greatest cartoon ever made, but that doesn’t mean we should hold it against this new Lion Forge book.
The show was about anthropomorphic dinosaurs with a button on their chest that could transform them to fearsome prehistoric dinosaurs, a fine gimmick for a toy line that never saw the light of day because the show was canceled after one season. But now it’s getting a second chance. Dinosaucers will be written by the show’s creator, Michael Uslan, with art by Andrew Pepoy. It’s planned as a five issue mini-series, but there could be more to come if it’s successful.
Also announced was print editions of Wormworld Saga by Daniel Lieske. Wormwood Saga was first published in 2010 as a “digital graphic novel,” which we assume is a fancy way of saying “webcomic.” Print editions of the first two volumes raised over $90,000 on Kickstarter a few years back. Now it’s coming to Lion Forge, where new volumes of Wormworld Saga will be published every six months.
Finally, Dwayne McDuffie Award-winning webcomic Upgrade Soul, by Ezra Clayton Daniels, is getting a printed graphic novel edition from Lion Forge. Upgrade Soul has its own trailer (for the digital version), which you can check out below:
- WWE Superstar Enzo Amore Feuds with State of Delaware over Phallic Signature on Driver’s License - December 15, 2017
- What About Trump? Rupert Murdoch, Ike Perlmutter, and the Fox/Disney Deal - December 15, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Kicks off Opening Weekend with $45M Domestic, $106M Worldwide Thursday - December 15, 2017
- Poison Ivy Meets Jack the Ripper in First Gotham by Gaslight Animated Clip - December 14, 2017
- John Wick’s Chad Stahelski to Adapt Brubaker and Phillips’s Kill or Be Killed for Big Screen - December 14, 2017