Earlier this year, Nintendo released Arms, a fighting game exclusive to Nintendo Switch. My kids love it and helps stop them from actually beating each other up in real life, A little.
And the game which involves, basically, flailing around a lot is being turned into a graphic novel to follow other Nintendo Zelda titles from Dark Horse. But this will be an actual orginal series of graphic novels. Yes, series.
ARMS is a revolutionary fighting experience for all ages and skill levels. Utilizing Joy-Con motion controls, players can throw punches and guide them midflight to hit agile fighters, avoid incoming attacks with dashes, or trampoline high into the air to rain down fists from above. Players can select from a colorful cast of fighting champions and try to win the coveted championship belt in the ARMS Grand Prix.
How that’s going to work in a comic book I have no idea. But the first will be published next autumn. Here’s the Joe Ng cover…
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: Getting Rid of the Dead Shoplifters Before the Secret Shopper Arrives - December 15, 2017
- Sir Derek Jacobi to Play the Voice of God in Good Omens TV Series - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Asks Retailers to Hold on to Ed Piskor’s Corner Box - December 15, 2017
- Tales of Tomorrow: Bringing Comics, Cosplay, and Coffee to the Four Corners - December 15, 2017