In a Deadline interview out today, X-Files creator Chris Carter is asked if there will be more X-Files stories beyond the revived Season 11 he is making right now. He said:
“I’m trying to finish this season. I certainly think the show has much more life in it. So, I can’t answer that question definitively but I can tell you that there are more stories to tell.”
But it seems, maybe without Dana Scully. In a press room at New York Comic Con today, Gillian Anderson confirmed that the upcoming season of X-Files, the second of the revived series, would be her last in the role.
Our friend Rich Drees, usually found at from filmbuffonline about the new season, tells us he asked if she could clarify a statement that she is “looking forward to bringing conclusion to the character.” He asked if there was any chance of her returning to the role.
Anderson replied, “No, no, I think this will be it for me.” As for why she was returning this time, “It felt like it wasn’t over, didn’t feel we necessarily delivered everything the fans were expecting of us last time.”
But this time, she clearly has.
As well as the new season of The X-Files, she also played Dana Scully in an audio adaptation of The X-Files: The Stolen Lives comic book released in July. Enjoy her playing the role while you still can.
The eleventh season of The X-Files is slated to premiere in January 2018 on Fox. The season follows newly re-instated FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson). The season’s storyline will pick up directly after last season’s finale, and the search for Mulder and Scully’s son William will be a main story arc for the season.
- An Interview With Gillian Anderson at New York Comic Con
- Speaking With X Files' David Duchovny At NYCC
- Transformers Prepares For The Power Of The Primes With Hasbro
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018
- Meltdown Comics of Los Angeles Is Closing For Good on March 30th (UPDATE) - March 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Talking The Death of Thor and More - March 21, 2018
- Magdalene Visaggio and Eva Cabrera Launch Oh S#!T, It’s Kim & Kim #1 in June - March 21, 2018