One of my favorite new series from last year was The Shannara Chronicles, and the second season will be kicking off this week with a move from MTV to Spike (soon to be the Paramount Network). There was a panel at the NYCC 2017 just now, and here are some of the highlights talking about the new season. On the panel were Manu Bennett, Austin Butler, Vanessa Morgan, Ivana Baquero, Al Gough, and Miles Millar.
We know that the second season isn’t following the books, and that they’re telling a new story with author Terry Brooks‘s blessing. Gough explains that the story takes place between Elfstones and Wishsong, the third and final book in the Original Shannara Trilogy.
Butler tells us that this is a very different Wil Ohmsford than we saw last season.
And Millar let us know that Bandon (Marcus Vanco) has gone very, very dark.
Gough explains that Mareth (Malese Jow) will be a very important catalyst the season and that Bennett is basically going to be King Lear — sending a lot of folks to google Shakespeare.
Morgan, who plays Lyria, a new love interest for Eretria, told the audience that Baquero is a very good kisser. And that everyone in the cast has been so nice.
Butler and Bennett talked about the relationship between Wil and Allanon — they have suffered well together, and there will be some “tough love” this season.
There was an exclusive sneak peek shown before the panel. No word if they will release it to the web.
The Shannara Chronicles returns Wednesday, October 11th on Spike.
- Sideshow Offers New Black Widow and Captain America Print with a Twist - January 21, 2018
- You Will Believe a White Man Can Lean: Neil Patrick Harris Takes on MJ - January 21, 2018
- Tennessee Titans Choose Mike Vrabel as New Head Coach - January 21, 2018
- Chris Redd Stars as a Very Different Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - January 21, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Does Tobias Whale Think Black Lightning Is Dead? - January 21, 2018