W. Maxwell Prince casually dropped an announcement of a new series at the Image Comics Future of Fantasy panel at New York Comic Con. Ice Cream Man is a series of one-shots, tied together by the appearance of a mysterious character, the titular Ice Cream Man. Martin Morazzo (Great Pacific) was named as the artist.
Prince, a huge fan of Sandman who tries to read that entire series once a year, described the series as “more Sandman than One Week In The Library.” It’s Sandman-esque, is what we’re trying to say here. Prince has plans for twelve one-shots, success willing, and the first one hits stores in January.
An official announcement will be made soon, we understand.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan was on hand at the panel sending us breaking news reports, and will file a full report on the panel later.
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- Female Furies: Cecil Castellucci and Adriana Melo Deconstruct Systemic Misogyny in Jack Kirby’s 4th World - November 12, 2018
- Wolverine and Loki Team Up in Wolverine: Infinity Watch in February - November 12, 2018
- Jordan White Cancels #XMenMonday Again, Promotes Music Career Instead - November 12, 2018
- Venom: Better Than Watchmen, More Successful Than Justice League? - November 12, 2018
- The Bella Twins Want to Fight the Kardashians in a Wrestling Match - November 12, 2018