W. Maxwell Prince casually dropped an announcement of a new series at the Image Comics Future of Fantasy panel at New York Comic Con. Ice Cream Man is a series of one-shots, tied together by the appearance of a mysterious character, the titular Ice Cream Man. Martin Morazzo (Great Pacific) was named as the artist.
Prince, a huge fan of Sandman who tries to read that entire series once a year, described the series as “more Sandman than One Week In The Library.” It’s Sandman-esque, is what we’re trying to say here. Prince has plans for twelve one-shots, success willing, and the first one hits stores in January.
An official announcement will be made soon, we understand.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan was on hand at the panel sending us breaking news reports, and will file a full report on the panel later.
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- Doctor Who Season 11: Are These Jodie Whittaker’s 3 New Companions? - October 22, 2017
- James Gunn Says He’s Been Warning People About James Toback For 20 Years - October 22, 2017
- Report: WWE Officials Hope Kurt Angle Doesn’t Try Too Hard At TLC Tonight - October 22, 2017
- It’s Alan Moore Vs. Northamptonshire Council In Library Showdown, With BBC TV Show At Stake - October 22, 2017
- Jason Latour, Chip Zdarsky, And Ryan North Critically Analyze Looney Tunes In Free Comic - October 22, 2017