W. Maxwell Prince casually dropped an announcement of a new series at the Image Comics Future of Fantasy panel at New York Comic Con. Ice Cream Man is a series of one-shots, tied together by the appearance of a mysterious character, the titular Ice Cream Man. Martin Morazzo (Great Pacific) was named as the artist.
Prince, a huge fan of Sandman who tries to read that entire series once a year, described the series as “more Sandman than One Week In The Library.” It’s Sandman-esque, is what we’re trying to say here. Prince has plans for twelve one-shots, success willing, and the first one hits stores in January.
An official announcement will be made soon, we understand.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan was on hand at the panel sending us breaking news reports, and will file a full report on the panel later.
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- Phoenix Comic Fest is Asking a Federal Court to Strike Down SDCC’s Comic-Con Trademark - January 18, 2018
- Faith in U.S. Leadership Inextricably Linked to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Gallup Poll Confirms - January 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan #4 - January 18, 2018
- Greg Pak Wants to Change the Way We Preorder Comics - January 18, 2018
- Hubertus Rufledt and Helge Vogt’s Alisik Gets a Trailer Ahead of February Launch from Statix Press - January 18, 2018