W. Maxwell Prince casually dropped an announcement of a new series at the Image Comics Future of Fantasy panel at New York Comic Con. Ice Cream Man is a series of one-shots, tied together by the appearance of a mysterious character, the titular Ice Cream Man. Martin Morazzo (Great Pacific) was named as the artist.
Prince, a huge fan of Sandman who tries to read that entire series once a year, described the series as “more Sandman than One Week In The Library.” It’s Sandman-esque, is what we’re trying to say here. Prince has plans for twelve one-shots, success willing, and the first one hits stores in January.
An official announcement will be made soon, we understand.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan was on hand at the panel sending us breaking news reports, and will file a full report on the panel later.
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- Dan DiDio Congratulates Tom King on Batman Selling 100K+ for 50 Issues - April 26, 2018
- IDW’s Tom Waltz Teases “Top Secret” G.I. Joe Project for September - April 26, 2018
- Here are Your 2018 Eisner Nominees - April 26, 2018
- Dark Horse to Turn Portland Soccer Players into Superheroes for National Superhero Day - April 26, 2018
- Disney Channel to Launch Anime-Inspired ‘Star Wars: Resistance’ Cartoon from Dave Filoni This Fall - April 26, 2018