W. Maxwell Prince casually dropped an announcement of a new series at the Image Comics Future of Fantasy panel at New York Comic Con. Ice Cream Man is a series of one-shots, tied together by the appearance of a mysterious character, the titular Ice Cream Man. Martin Morazzo (Great Pacific) was named as the artist.
Prince, a huge fan of Sandman who tries to read that entire series once a year, described the series as “more Sandman than One Week In The Library.” It’s Sandman-esque, is what we’re trying to say here. Prince has plans for twelve one-shots, success willing, and the first one hits stores in January.
An official announcement will be made soon, we understand.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan was on hand at the panel sending us breaking news reports, and will file a full report on the panel later.
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- CM Punk’s Former Best Friend, Colt Cabana, is Suing Him for $1.2 Million - August 15, 2018
- To Sue Former Aide Omarosa, Donald Trump Hires Hulk Hogan’s Lawyer from Gawker Lawsuit - August 15, 2018
- Carnage Set for Return in Web of Venom: Carnage Born - August 15, 2018
- Senators Elizabeth Warren and Brian Schatz Demand Investigation Into Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter, “Mar-a-Lago Cronies” Over VA Influence - August 15, 2018
- DC to Make Waves with Justice League/Aquaman Drowned Earth Crossover in November - August 15, 2018