It’s the perfect set-up for a well-played robbery: you’re breaking in without having to actually “break in” since they’re more than willing to hand you their keys. And since you’re stealing small, they’re not going to notice. It’s a perfect plan…what could go wrong? How about robbing a house that’s not exactly empty? And the person there isn’t there of their own free will?
That’s the premise behind new thriller Bad Samaritan, director Dean Devlin‘s new crime thriller film written by Brandon Boyce and starring David Tennant (Dr. Who), Robert Sheehan (Misfits), Kerry Condon (Better Call Saul), Jacqueline Byers (Salvation), Carlito Olivero (Making Moves) and Lisa Brenner (The Remains). Devin’s Electric Entertainment is spearheading the production, with Marc Roskin, Rachel Olschan and Devlin producing.
Both Devlin and and Sheehan were able to be on hand at this year’s New York Comic Con 2017 (NYCC 2017) for Bad Samaritan‘s panel, and joined a number of reporters afterwards to discuss a number of topics, including: how Devlin views a project like Bad Samaritan in comparison to The Librarians, which he also produces; how Sheehan views his character and the film in the context of today’s societal issues; the similarities and differences between working comedy into drama and vice-versa; and what it was like making a film with Tennant.
Here’s your chance to see Devlin and Sheehan’s interview roundtable for yourselves:
Sheehan is an actor and producer, known for his roles in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013), The Road Within (2014) and Season of the Witch (2011). He can be seen next in the upcoming Mortal Engines, Mute and Geostorm. Having produced a number of genre successes such as Independence Day and Stargate, Devlin splits his producing responsibilities between television and film. He is currently producing the soon-to-be-released action film Geostorm; and will also serve as a producer on the announced Independence Day 3 and the Stargate reboot.
- David Tennant Robert Sheehan Dean Devlin Bad Samaritan Interview
- Represent: The Rise Of Characters Of Color In Sci-Fi And Fantasy
- My Little Pony: The Movie Has Some Ridiculously Cool Toys Your Kids Will Want
- Mighty Muggs Are Back, And We Are All In On Them!
- The Romanoffs Trailer: If Everyone’s a Romanoff, Is Anyone a Romanoff? - August 14, 2018
- Hulu Renews ‘Castle Rock’ Lease for “Wholly Original” Season 2 Story - August 14, 2018
- Castle Rock Season 1, Episode 6 ‘Filter’ Preview: Pangborn Needs “The Kid” to Make Good on Their Deal - August 14, 2018
- Castle Rock Rewind s01e05: A Look Back at Bleeding Cool’s Thoughts on ‘Harvest’ - August 13, 2018
- It’s 7 Blood Signs, Zero Bodies, and ‘One Dollar’ in CBS All Access’ Series Trailer - August 13, 2018