Earlier today, PAX Australia sent out a press release with some details about their upcoming convention happening October 27th-29th, with full details located on the PAX Aus website and PAX Guidebook app. We’ve got the primary highlights of the release below, but the show is looking to be pretty awesome for the country.
On the PAX Aus show floor, PAX goers will play the latest titles and meet with representatives from a variety of game makers, from major studios including Bandai Namco, Activision and Riot Games to a myriad of independent developers, including the Aus Indie Showcase winners.
Attendees will also hear from the creators of their favorite games and luminaries of geek culture throughout the weekend in a host of fascinating panels headlined by the Storytime keynote with Rooster Teeth founder and Red vs. Blue creator Burnie Burns and featuring the likes of Dice, Camera, Action’s Holly Conrad as well as local names like Loserfruit and MrMuselk.
Other highlights include the Australian debut of League of Heels, a mainstay of the US PAX shows where popular gaming personalities square off in a virtual pro wrestling ring (spandex optional), the Penny Arcade team’s live roleplaying game Acquisitions Inc. will be making their highly anticipated, first ever Australia visit, and a thrilling slate of concerts featuring musical performances from Birdman or the Unexpected Virtue of a Tony Hawk Pro Skater Cover Band and MC Frontalot.
The show’s returning freeplay areas will put hundreds of consoles, PCs, VR headsets and tabletop games in the hands of our attendees. PAX is also going big on games for grown-ups in 2017, with an R18+ area in Console Freeplay, as well as space dedicated to getting hands-on with the upcoming Call of Duty: WWII, an art gallery to showcase breathtaking game photography and Blush Box, a local collective that explores loves and sexuality in games.
Several tournaments, including the Omegathon, an event where a selection of PAX attendees compete across a variety of games that culminates in a live championship match at the show’s closing ceremonies, and the PAX Arena will also provide competitive gamers and esports fans hours of entertainment in an open, exciting atmosphere.
- Rooster Teeth Relaunches Sportsball with a New Co-Host
- Hey, Glisten Dude: An Interview With Steven Suptic of Sugar Pine 7
- Activision Throws Down Another Microtransaction Patent
- 'Little Witch Academia' Gets A New Japanese Trailer For PS4 Release
- Former WhatCulture Wrestling Crew Debut "Cultaholic" In New Video
- Check Out The 'Call Of Duty: WWII' Live Action Trailer
- Making The Pattern Complicated: We Review 'Hidden Dragon Legend'
- Gotham Season 4: In Gotham, All Roads Lead To The Penguin
- My Little Pony: The Movie Gets New Song From Sia, And A Video
- The Last 'Battleborn' Update Will Occur In The Fall
- 20 New Photos From The Gotham Season 4 Premiere
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018