Photos courtesy of Bleeding Cool’s Richard Epstein.
New York Comic Con 2017’s cosplay continues to impress today with more fabulous showings from the convention floor. A lot of skill and hard work has been shown by the convention-goers, paying homage to the characters and franchises which they adore.
We have a spooky recreation of the Annabelle doll from The Conjuring and Annabelle. There is the ever-commanding Leia Organa in her Endor camouflage from Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi. Shelly Johnson from Twin Peaks made an appearance. Jessie from Toy Story 2 and 3 showed up on the convention floor. The oddly fitting pairing of Captain America in his improvised costume from Captain America: The First Avenger and Rey from Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens showed up. too.
Luke Skywalker as he appeared in The Force Awakens made his legendary presence felt. Ned Stark and Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones walked together, which seems a bit odd knowing how that one went. Jyn Erso and Princess Leia Organa, from Rogue One and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope respectively stoked the fires of rebellion together. Sandor Clegane finally got his chicken. The Jawas prowled about looking for droids to scavenge and sell.
As always, the cosplay scene at New York Comic Con is freaking awesome this year, and Friday has lived up to that standard. A lot of people are waving their nerd flag proudly and with a lot of skill and gusto. The Hound and his bucket of chicken gave me a particularly good laugh. Take a look at the gallery below and see the awesome work these cosplayers did!
- Jerry Perkins’s Fantasy and Furry Art Collection Offered at SDCC 2018’s Big Wow Comicfest - July 18, 2018
- Dorothy McGreal Comic Strip Collection SDCC 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Red Hood and the Outlaws #24 Review: A Bizarrely Affecting and Tragic Story - July 13, 2018
- Exiles #5 Review: A Glorious Conclusion to the First Arc - July 13, 2018
- Domino #4 Review: The Battle of Humor, Stakes, and Sincerity - July 13, 2018