Amazon unveiled the first trailer for their new series Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams. It’s an anthology series based on the work of the prolific science fiction author whose work includes Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, the novel that would become Blade Runner.
The anthology series will be 10-episodes and features an all-star cast that includes: As you can see above, Terrence Howard, Anna Paquin, Steve Buscemi, Timothy Spall, Holliday Grainger, Greg Kinnear, Janelle Monae, and Bryan Cranston. Each story will explore fantasy, humanity, and a future we’ve only begun to imagine.
This is the second adaptation of Dick’s work by the streaming service. Their popular series The Man In The High Castle is based on a 1962 novel of the same name. Other films based on Dick’s work includes Total Recall (We Can Remember It For You Wholesale), Screamers (Second Variety), Minority Report, Impostor, Paycheck, A Scanner Darkly, and The Adjustment Bureau.
Isa Dick Hackett, the author’s daughter, serves as an executive producer on both of the Amazon series. Amazon has the U.S. distribution rights, the series is currently playing weekly in the UK on Channel 4, which is why they have so much footage for a trailer.
No release date has been given, just that it will debut next year.
- Ridley Scott Says There Is Another 'Blade Runner' Story To Be Told
- Ever Wonder What Philip K. Dick Thought About Blade Runner?
- Lucasfilm Brings The Thunder With Their Publishing Panel At NYCC
- Hasbro Reveals New Star Wars Products At NYCC, Including Mighty Muggs!
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018