Today, social video service Twitch announced a month-long celebration of anime highlighted by marathons of Rooster Teeth’s RWBY and the 4K Media, Inc. managed classic, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters. In addition, anime fans will be treated to live talk shows, gameplay and art streams from Twitch creators, and anime content from New York Comic-Con. The marathons begin with RWBY on October 9 at 11:00 a.m. PDT, followed by Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters on October 15. All of the content will be viewable online with the full list of events detailed at twitch.tv/p/watch/anime.
Anime fans can watch and chat with fellow community members during these programs:
- October 8 — New York Comic-Con’s official Twitch livestream interview with the RWBY cast and crew at 12:00 p.m. PDT
- October 9 — Hyper RPG’s HyperOtaku one-hour marathon pre-show from 10:00-11:00 a.m. PDT
- October 9-14 — Rooster Teeth’s RWBY marathon at 11:00 a.m. PDT
- October 12 & 16th – Manga illustration stream with Shillin from 1:00-2:00 p.m. PDT
- October 15 — Yu-Gi-Oh! marathon pre-show featuring StreamFourStar from 11:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. PDT
- October 15-30 — Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters marathon at 12:00 p.m. PDT
“Anime is really hot on Twitch right now since our community is passionate about being able to interact around this kind of content,” said Annie Berrones, Director of Emerging Content Marketing at Twitch. “Given their engagement and enthusiasm, we are taking the experience one step further by featuring back-to-back marathons of RWBY and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, along with anime-driven entertainment from our content creators.”
“We’re thrilled to partner with Twitch for this incredible and unique opportunity to bring the RWBY community together,” said Gray G. Haddock, Head of Rooster Teeth Animation. “This is a perfect opportunity to relive all of the great moments from the first four volumes, or experience them for the first time, as we prepare to launch Volume 5 on October 14.”
This month Twitch is also releasing new, exclusive emotes themed after some of the featured series. Emotes will be accessible to viewers who subscribe to the TwitchPresents channel.