Written by Amanda Gurall
We have two months until The Last Jedi opens but we got a look at some of the costumes and props used in the film today at NYCC to hold us over.
Praetorian Single and Double Blade Swords
Snoke’s personal guard force will be armed with swords containing electro-plasma energy filaments and the double blade version can be split into two dagger like blades.
Resistance Cruiser Bridge Guard Blaster Rifle
This was used in the age of The New Republic and is outdated by the time of the First Order resistance conflict but will be used by resourceful fighters.
Kylo Ren’s TIE Fighter and Resistance Bomber
Ren will be piloting the angular TIE silencer which is armed with laser cannons and warhead launchers. The resistance bombers will be carrying the munitions to assist star fighters as part of the reinforced resistance fleet.
First Order Stormtrooper Blaster Rifle
This is a standard issue F-110 with attached butt stock, only time will tell if it will better enable Stormtroopers to actually hit targets.
First Order TIE Fighter Pilot Uniform
Poe Dameron’s Resistance X-Wing Pilot Uniform
The best pilot in the resistance will be wearing this uniform once again, flying his customized X-Wing.
Praetorian Long Axe and Electro-Chain Whip
The guards carry weapons designed as improved versions of primitive weapons including this axe which uses high frequency vibration powered by a compact ultrasonic generator. The electro-chain whip functions as a sword like melee weapon or a plasma laser whip. (Not pictured)
First Order Flametrooper Helmet, Stormtrooper Helmet, Praetorian Guard Helmet, Kylo Ren’s Lightsaber Hilt and Helmet
These are helmets. And a lightsaber hilt. Pretty nice.
Resistance Quadnoculars and Finn’s Backpack with Resistance Blaster Rifle
Also known as “Quadnocs” these will allow for augmented vision and object tracking. I’m assuming this is the backpack and rifle Finn will be carrying.
The exhibit was well done with fans lining up for an hour to enter, well worth it for a look at the actual props and costume pieces.
- John Mollo, Costume Designer For Star Wars, Alien, Empire Dies At 86
- "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" Trailer Hits
- Dan Didio And Jim Lee Talk Action Comics #1000 And The State Of DC Comics
- Grayson Lines Up A New Potential Girlfriend in Nightwing #53 (Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Oni Press Has Pilu Of The Woods and Queer & Trans Identities Join Rick & Morty in February 2019 Solicits - November 21, 2018
- Archie Has A New Girlfriend – and It’s Quite The Twist (Archie #700 Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Delivers a Little Fan Service In Star Wars #57 (Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Sharkey The Bounty Hunter, Spider-Gwen Bust on Next Week’s Previews Cover - November 21, 2018