Photos courtesy of Bleeding Cool’s Jeremy Konrad
Kotobukiya have become something of an industry standard in high-quality and highly detailed figures and statues, and they prove why this is so once again with their showing at New York Comic Con.
From anime-styled sexy Jason Voorhees and Freddy Kreuger, to Jim Gordon and Oswald Cobblepot from Gotham, to Gal Gidot’s rendition of Wonder Woman from her film, they show a versatility of styles, aesthetics, and themes that few other figure and statue manufacturers can match.
While the sexy slasher movie villains may not be my personal thing, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed by the Daredevil, Captain Phasma, Thanos, Agent Venom, and Captain America. The Kylo Ren and Darth Vader are pretty awesome too. Who am I kidding, I could take most of these things.
I won’t lie, the Reverse Flash statue is pretty damn freaky looking. The hyper-realistic styles of the television show-based characters is very impressive. The comic-themed figures like Thanos and Cap are inspired. These guys are really among the best in the business. The Superman and Batman are ridiculously muscular, which is assuredly the intention. It gives me fond memories of Ed McGuiness’ time on the Superman/Batman title with Jeph Loeb. They still look really rad.
Take a look at the pictures below. They brought their A-game this year, and you can check out their website to shop for what you see here and more.
- Iceman #1 Review: A Very Welcome Return - September 12, 2018
- House of Whispers #1 Review: Sandman Universe Struggling to Create Engagement - September 12, 2018
- Infinity Wars #3 Review: What if Captain America but Also Doctor Strange? - September 12, 2018
- Weapon X #23 Review: Deadpool is a Comic-Killer - September 11, 2018
- Nightwing #48 Review: The Motor Cycle Race of the Cosmos - September 11, 2018