Francis Manapul’s Aquaman Earth One graphic novel was announced way back in 2015, but since then the project has been pushed back by other priorities. But at the DC Meet the Publishers panel at New York Comic Con today, DC Co-Publisher Dan Didio revealed that he subscribes to the notion that what’s old is new again, because he “accidentally” let slip that Manapul would be drawing Aquaman Earth One.
It’s unclear if Didio assumed that everyone had forgotten it was already announced by now, or if he had simply forgotten himself, but that’s good news either way because if he announced it, that means it’s back on the schedule and will finally see the light of day. No release window was given, but the Aquaman movie is coming out in December, 2018 so it would behoove DC to get it on shelves before then.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan is on the ground at New York Comic Con and will be reporting back with more details from the DC Meet The Publishers Panel later today.
- New OGN Grand Abyss Hotel Explores Rebellion in a World Overrun by Big Business and Fake News - November 21, 2018
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018