Francis Manapul’s Aquaman Earth One graphic novel was announced way back in 2015, but since then the project has been pushed back by other priorities. But at the DC Meet the Publishers panel at New York Comic Con today, DC Co-Publisher Dan Didio revealed that he subscribes to the notion that what’s old is new again, because he “accidentally” let slip that Manapul would be drawing Aquaman Earth One.
It’s unclear if Didio assumed that everyone had forgotten it was already announced by now, or if he had simply forgotten himself, but that’s good news either way because if he announced it, that means it’s back on the schedule and will finally see the light of day. No release window was given, but the Aquaman movie is coming out in December, 2018 so it would behoove DC to get it on shelves before then.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan is on the ground at New York Comic Con and will be reporting back with more details from the DC Meet The Publishers Panel later today.
- Doctor Who Season 11: Are These Jodie Whittaker’s 3 New Companions? - October 22, 2017
- James Gunn Says He’s Been Warning People About James Toback For 20 Years - October 22, 2017
- Report: WWE Officials Hope Kurt Angle Doesn’t Try Too Hard At TLC Tonight - October 22, 2017
- It’s Alan Moore Vs. Northamptonshire Council In Library Showdown, With BBC TV Show At Stake - October 22, 2017
- Jason Latour, Chip Zdarsky, And Ryan North Critically Analyze Looney Tunes In Free Comic - October 22, 2017