Back in July, DC Comics teased some mixing between the proper DC universe and Warren Ellis’s Wildstorm universe when they revealed in a press release about the upcoming Wild Storm spinoff, Michael Cray:
Warren Ellis’ critically acclaimed relaunch of WildStorm gets its first solo spinoff series! Michael Cray, professional assassin, has been betrayed by International Operations and has an alien life-form in his head that’s either killing him, transforming him, or both. The only thing that can bring sense to his life is for him to do what he does best: kill the wrong people for the right reasons. But Michael needs support and resources to hit back against I.O., and he gets them in exchange for working with Trelane, taking out her targets, his way. First up? A sociopathic silicon-valley billionaire by the name of Oliver Queen!
At the DC Meet the Publishers panel at New York Comic Today, the publisher confirmed that DC elements would indeed be making their way to the Wildstorm universe… but not quite how you’d expect. These versions will be “weirdly warped as only Warren Ellis can do.”
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Hugh Sheridan is on the ground at New York Comic Con and will be reporting back with more details from the DC Meet The Publishers Panel later today.
- Se7en Screenwriter Signs On To Justin Lin’s ‘Lone Wolf And Cub’ Movie At Paramount - October 17, 2017
- X-Men’s Blink Gets A Physics-Defying New Costume On Cable #153 Cover - October 17, 2017
- Buy Marvel Legacy #1 With Some Extra Bonus Content For $40 This January - October 17, 2017
- What If… Kieron Gillen Had Continued To Write The X-Men - October 17, 2017
- Garfield Creator Jim Davis Draws Galactus For Marvel’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #26 - October 17, 2017