After several directors have already left the on again off again project at FOX, it looks like Gore Verbinski is on board.
Well, at least according to this latest exclusive supposition from Deadline. There may be an announcement made during this weekend’s New York Comic Con about the validity of this supposedly done deal.
Gambit of course is a member of FOX’s Marvel X-Men property, the character has appeared once previously in the live action Wolverine: Origins. Taylor Kitsch played the card slinging Ragin Cajun alongside Hugh Jackman‘s Wolverine in the film, but several aspects of the movie left fans of the character unsatisfied.
Magic Mike star Channing Tatum has been hellbent on making this Gambit solo film happen, despite several setbacks including multiple script turnovers and the illusive perfect director.
No word on if this is a done deal yet, but we’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- New Halloween Movie Will Have John Carpenter Score, New Details Emerge - October 19, 2017
- Kevin Smith Will Donate All TWC Residuals To ‘Women In Film’ Non Profit - October 18, 2017
- Ron Howard Reveals The Official Han Solo Movie Title - October 17, 2017
- Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy Calls For Industry-Wide Commission To Combat Harassment And Abuse - October 17, 2017
- 80 Original Netflix Films On Slate For 2018 Release - October 16, 2017