After several directors have already left the on again off again project at FOX, it looks like Gore Verbinski is on board.
Well, at least according to this latest exclusive supposition from Deadline. There may be an announcement made during this weekend’s New York Comic Con about the validity of this supposedly done deal.
Gambit of course is a member of FOX’s Marvel X-Men property, the character has appeared once previously in the live action Wolverine: Origins. Taylor Kitsch played the card slinging Ragin Cajun alongside Hugh Jackman‘s Wolverine in the film, but several aspects of the movie left fans of the character unsatisfied.
Magic Mike star Channing Tatum has been hellbent on making this Gambit solo film happen, despite several setbacks including multiple script turnovers and the illusive perfect director.
No word on if this is a done deal yet, but we’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- We Almost Had a Michelle Pfeiffer ‘Catwoman’ Spinoff Film - August 17, 2018
- Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Ebony Maw) Talks Joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe - August 17, 2018
- Graham McTavish Talks ‘Aquaman’ Role, Is Puzzled by “Secrecy Nowadays” - August 17, 2018
- D23 2019: Event Dates, Ticket Sales, and More Revealed - August 16, 2018
- Fathom Events is Bringing ‘Jurassic Park’ Back to Theaters - August 16, 2018