After several directors have already left the on again off again project at FOX, it looks like Gore Verbinski is on board.
Well, at least according to this latest exclusive supposition from Deadline. There may be an announcement made during this weekend’s New York Comic Con about the validity of this supposedly done deal.
Gambit of course is a member of FOX’s Marvel X-Men property, the character has appeared once previously in the live action Wolverine: Origins. Taylor Kitsch played the card slinging Ragin Cajun alongside Hugh Jackman‘s Wolverine in the film, but several aspects of the movie left fans of the character unsatisfied.
Magic Mike star Channing Tatum has been hellbent on making this Gambit solo film happen, despite several setbacks including multiple script turnovers and the illusive perfect director.
No word on if this is a done deal yet, but we’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Let’s Talk About Westworld Season 2 Premiere, “Journey Into Night” - April 22, 2018
- The Avengers Played ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Family Feud Today - April 22, 2018
- Marvel-Ous Ladies of MCU Talk Team-Up Film Rumors - April 22, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says No Hall H For Marvel At SDCC This Year - April 22, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says “Immediate Potential” For a Nova Marvel Movie - April 22, 2018